[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - First Print, almost great!

First Print, almost great!

Discuss your first ever printrbot print

Postby Tdeagan » 2013-Feb-Mon-12-Feb

New Printrbot Plus. 32 hours build time from box opening to this print (a couple of hideously failed attempts preceded this.)

After many hours of extruder grief, I managed to get a legit first print. Getting the filament to feed without stripping was a mess and I had to do a _lot_ of hob bolt cleaning.

Here's the model I started with (simple maker-mark stamp I've made for my leather working):
first print model.jpg

Here's the print:
first print.jpg

There is some gapping between the perimeter and infill and a weird jog that is on the outside top right (and seems to be on the outside top right of the internal circle.)

The bottom layer is a bit flatter than I'd like.

Lots of tuning awaits me!

--Tim

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Deagan
KC5QFG
(optional Dual Extrusion) Printrbot Plus V1 [3/2013]
bed stabilizers, bed levelers, Y & X belt tensioners,
50mm fan mount, LED ring light, Z-axis screw Isolators,
Z-shaft stabilizers,optional Bowden conversion, GT2 belts/pulleys,
M8x1.25 Z Screws, Flex. Z-couplers,
RAMPS 1.4 w/ LCD,
Quick Change Extruders:
Option 1- Dual hybrid geared Wade's/Bowden w/ 3mm & 1.75mm Ubis,
Option 2 - Dual direct geared Wade's w/ 3mm & 1.75mm Ubis
Option 3 - Single geared Wade's w/ 3mm or 1.75mm Ubis
Option 4 - Single belt drive Wade's w/ E3D
MIC-6 metal bed
Thingiverse Profile:
Tdeagan
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: First Print, almost great!

Postby Tdeagan » 2013-Mar-Wed-14-Mar

Tuning largely complete!
Primary problem was that my X axis motor mounting was trapezoidal rather than square. See Step 142 in the PB+ assembly instructions (sorry, system won't let me add an actual link offsite). The bolt attaching 220 to 232 needed a nut INSIDE to keep the belt from pulling the motor into the frame, rather than OUTSIDE. My motor was rubbing against the frame and causing the equivalent response to backlash.
better print.jpg
--Tim

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Deagan
KC5QFG
(optional Dual Extrusion) Printrbot Plus V1 [3/2013]
bed stabilizers, bed levelers, Y & X belt tensioners,
50mm fan mount, LED ring light, Z-axis screw Isolators,
Z-shaft stabilizers,optional Bowden conversion, GT2 belts/pulleys,
M8x1.25 Z Screws, Flex. Z-couplers,
RAMPS 1.4 w/ LCD,
Quick Change Extruders:
Option 1- Dual hybrid geared Wade's/Bowden w/ 3mm & 1.75mm Ubis,
Option 2 - Dual direct geared Wade's w/ 3mm & 1.75mm Ubis
Option 3 - Single geared Wade's w/ 3mm or 1.75mm Ubis
Option 4 - Single belt drive Wade's w/ E3D
MIC-6 metal bed
Thingiverse Profile:
Tdeagan
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby Marcus » 2013-Mar-Wed-15-Mar

Awesome, well done!

Marcus
Support material...

Postby artem » 2013-Mar-Wed-15-Mar

That looks really good!

artem
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby plexus » 2013-Mar-Wed-15-Mar

Very nice. you need a little more infill perimeter overlap. ;)

plexus
Site Admin

Postby noyart » 2013-Mar-Fri-17-Mar

wow how did u set up ur printer so it printed this good? :O
Im waiting for my spur gears from shapeways, would love to know how and what you did to make your prints this good :O did you fallow that calibrate with slicer tutorial or something else? :)

noyart
Loading filament...

Return to My first blob