[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Printrbot print a oval instead of a circle

Printrbot print a oval instead of a circle

Talk about using software tools, drivers etc

Postby elso154 » 2013-May-Sun-10-May

Hello, i had bought my Printrbot at Kickstarter must i Update the Firmwear if yes which (Link please)
Is that Problem known so tell me how you have solved it!?
Bests from Germany

elso154
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Printrbot print a oval instead of a circle

Postby RetireeJay » 2013-May-Sun-12-May

Possibly your X and Y calibrations are not balanced. You should make adjustments to the calibration constants by using G-Code commands.

Don't try to re-flash the firmware; it's very complicated and completely not needed.

There are many threads in these forums on calibration.

However, there are other possibilities. For example, check to be sure your pulleys are securely attached to the center of the flat part of the "D" shaped motor shafts; check your belt tensions, etc.

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3, upgraded to MK3S
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby rsilvers » 2013-May-Thu-01-May

Look in your start-up G code for something like this:

M92 X129.919 ; calibrate X
M92 Y190.735 ; calibrate Y
M92 Z2267.720 ; calibrate Z

Print a cube - like 20x20mm or 1x1 inch. Measure the result with calipers, and then correct how many steps are needed per mm in the M92 commands.

rsilvers
First blob a success!

Postby Tdeagan » 2013-Jun-Sun-23-Jun

I had a similar problem that related to the mount for the X-axis motor. See

Tim Deagan
KC5QFG
(optional Dual Extrusion) Printrbot Plus V1 [3/2013]
bed stabilizers, bed levelers, Y & X belt tensioners,
50mm fan mount, LED ring light, Z-axis screw Isolators,
Z-shaft stabilizers,optional Bowden conversion, GT2 belts/pulleys,
M8x1.25 Z Screws, Flex. Z-couplers,
RAMPS 1.4 w/ LCD,
Quick Change Extruders:
Option 1- Dual hybrid geared Wade's/Bowden w/ 3mm & 1.75mm Ubis,
Option 2 - Dual direct geared Wade's w/ 3mm & 1.75mm Ubis
Option 3 - Single geared Wade's w/ 3mm or 1.75mm Ubis
Option 4 - Single belt drive Wade's w/ E3D
MIC-6 metal bed
Thingiverse Profile:
Tdeagan
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby ohbaby714 » 2013-Jun-Fri-14-Jun

ohbaby714
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby RetireeJay » 2013-Jun-Fri-14-Jun

These numbers are steps per millimeter. So if your X number is 130, that means the software will issue 130 steps to move 1 millimeter, or 1300 steps to move 10mm. If you print a 10mm cube and find out that it's 10.5mm large in the X direction, that means you moved too far; you had too many steps. So 1300 steps was too many.

Correct it by taking the fraction of the desired distance over the measured distance, and multiplying by the steps per mm.

I think of it the easy way: I know I need a fraction, and I know the number needs to be smaller, so I put the smaller number on top: (10.0 / 10.5) this gives me 0.9524. So now I multiply 130 X 0.9524 and I get 123.81. That will be my new steps per mm.

There is a web-based calculator that will give you correct starting numbers for your calibration, based on the belts you are using, etc. See this post for a link and Printrbot-specific settings. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3924&hilit=+prusa

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3, upgraded to MK3S
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Return to Software usage talk