PrintrBot Metal + Power Source Wiring Help

Need help troubleshooting hardware issues... talk here

Postby cor10 » 2018-Aug-Tue-06-Aug

I knocked my power source off my table while connected to my PrintrBot Metal Plus w/ heated bed. The wires coming out of the power source (3 yellow wires, 3 black gnd wires) got ripped out of the little plastic connector that goes to the printer's wires (attached is an example of the bundle of wires and connector). I am going to have to re-crimp the wires but I am worried about where the 6 wires are positioned in the connector. Since it is just the power source, does the order of wires matter so long as:

• GND_powersource <---> GND_printer and
    • V_powersource <---> V_printer ?

If the order doesnt matter, I was thinking of arbitrarily placing the wires into the connector so they match with the printer's 3 black and 3 red wires, like this (B = Black wire, Y = Yellow wire):

Code: Select all
      _____
 ____/     \____
|   B   B   B   |
|   Y   Y   Y   |
|_______________|

Does this seem right? Is there a PDF or wiring diagram showing the exact layout? Anything helps! I just dont want to fry the printer by wiring it wrong...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cor10
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: PrintrBot Metal + Power Source Wiring Help

Postby novice » 2018-Aug-Tue-09-Aug

You are correct the three -black wires align on the clip side of the molex in no particular order and the three +12v yellow wires align in no particular order on the side without the molex clip.

molex 002.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
novice
Waiting for extruder temp...

Re: PrintrBot Metal + Power Source Wiring Help

Postby cor10 » 2018-Aug-Tue-14-Aug

Much appreciated! I will only follow up if something crashes and burns ;)

cor10
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Troubleshooting talk