Metal Plus with G2 board

Talk about assembling your printer

Metal Plus with G2 board

Postby Old Man Printing » 2018-Jul-Sun-07-Jul

I kind of feel like someone on an island throwing a bottle in the water with a note hoping someone finds it but here goes.
I wanted to upgrade my hot end to a ubis 13S so I also purchased the G2 board. I admit I did not pay attention to the statement "for the brave tinkerer".
So long story short here is my problem I can't get it to work. I have tried Cura, Octoprint and Repetier. I can manually move the nozzle and get it to heat up and extrude. What I can't do is get it to home or print. When I try to home it does not stop just grinds the belt. I am confident there are people out there that have done this successfully. Any help, guidance or direction would be great. If I can't get this to run my only alternative is to tell my wife that I failed and need to buy a different board. That would not be an enjoyable conversation. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Old Man Printing
Waiting to connect to printer...

Metal Plus with G2 board

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Metal Plus with G2 board

Postby ChefScott » 2018-Jul-Sun-14-Jul

You might want to flip the motor connectors that should get the motors going towards the limit switches and not away from them when you issue a home command. But don't flip the extruder connector, from what you are saying you are able to extrude plastic.

ChefScott
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby Old Man Printing » 2018-Jul-Mon-22-Jul

My motors are all going in the correct direction.

Old Man Printing
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby ktfergus » 2018-Jul-Thu-19-Jul

I'm not brave enough to try switching to a G2, but here's a thread which might have some relevant info: http://www.printrbottalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11357

It's from a year ago, so some of the problems may have been corrected, but it might be a good place to start...

-Kelly

PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: DIY Heated Bed, with 305mm Extended X Axis
PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: 305mm x200mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1505 (Play) :: 100mm x 250mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1503 (Play) :: 100mm x 100mm DIY Heated bed
Latest Project :: Sisyphus Whirligig
ktfergus
Printing skirt...

Return to Assembly talk