Problems printing supports

Need help troubleshooting hardware issues... talk here

Postby mattvl » 2018-Mar-Sun-13-Mar

I'm trying to print some parts with overhangs and I'm having issues with the support structures sticking to the bed. They're either both stringy and won't stick to the bed. I have no issues printing without supports on other parts and they stick to the bed perfectly. The plastic is getting laid down for those nicely as well, but for whatever reason the supports just aren't coming out properly. I tried changing the retracting settings and lowered the temperature a couple times. That seems to have helped a bit with the stringiness. There are still a few openings in the lines every now and then, but the supports have only stayed for a layer or two before getting broken off.

Thoughts?

FYI I'm using Cura version 15.04.6. It's the latest one with Printrbot Metal Plus Support. I had used the one indicated on the getting started page before, but it resulted in worse quality prints than this one.

mattvl
Levelling print bed...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Problems printing supports

Postby Jivix » 2018-Jul-Tue-16-Jul

If your supports are easily ripped off I recommend changing the type of support material or using a raft. You may also be overextruding a bit which makes the support material collide with the hotend on the first few layers.

Jivix
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Troubleshooting talk