[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Can't figure this out can some one help

Can't figure this out can some one help

Troubleshooting talk for software

Postby zx3focus43 » 2017-Apr-Sat-09-Apr

Have a printrbot simple metal I have two. First one works great second one trying to figure it out. I always use a raft I use simplified 3d software. My raft prints fine but my item I'm printing won't stick the the raft well for first layer. I've messed wIt's the z off set a little bit. Will finish the print and the rest will look good.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zx3focus43
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Can't figure this out can some one help

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Apr-Sat-11-Apr

Why are you using a raft? They're a leftover from the early days and we're an attempt to solve print bed issues that have since been figured out. These days they're mostly a waste of time and plastic.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby zx3focus43 » 2017-Apr-Sat-13-Apr

Print warps with out it. It's not a heated bed.

zx3focus43
Loading filament...

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Apr-Sun-14-Apr

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Apr-Mon-17-Apr

I was just poking around on Ultimaker's site looking for info on Nick Seward's (student's) cubic infill in Cura, and stumbled across pictures of . Not sure they're the best pix, but HTH (URL edited by RJ)

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby zx3focus43 » 2017-Apr-Tue-13-Apr

The weird part is the raft sticks really well. I can't get the object to stick to the raft. It's like the raft is so slippery. Sticking to the bed is no problem.

zx3focus43
Loading filament...

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Apr-Wed-09-Apr

I've never used S3D, but if you look you can find the relevant options (please post them, I'd like to see what you're using). I'd take a good look at the raft separation distance and perhaps try adjusting it.

Also note their comment on raft vs brim

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Troubleshooting talk