Welcome (what is this all about)?

Come visit Plexus' print lab and find out what he's been up to (what did he break now?)

Postby plexus » 2014-Jan-Thu-14-Jan

Welcome to this new forum on PBT. I have been getting interested in creating a utube video channel where I can share my experiments and things with the 3D printer. I feel like this would be a huge commitment to pull off. Once you start making videos, people expect them on a regular basis. I am just not sure I can pull that together. So I got this idea to create a forum on the forum (blame phpBB for this idiotic nomenclature). This way I can post when I have something to post (take the pressure off me).

I have some things in the works. First off is a print speed test using my new Y axis. I also have a big project to upgrade the X and Z axis and also the extruder with the new PB aluminum extruder.

I also have a couple E3D metal hotends coming so I can move away from the shakily supported Ubis hot end. I also have a Magma that I want to test as well.

So lots of things to share. Before I got too far down the project I wanted to set something up to document all this, and other projects I am doing too. So hopefully you will find this forum useful and interesting.

Of course its an open forum so you can post in the threads yourself. The only thing I've disable is creating new threads. so its kind of like a channel where you can comment but I create the content. Let's see how it goes...

Happy New Year!
Plexus

plexus
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Welcome (what is this all about)?

Postby Extrude3D » 2014-Jan-Mon-20-Jan

Interesting idea, kinda like a blog (I thought PHPBB had a blog feature or add-on).

Are you still using your LC, or another printer? Can we make a show-off masterthread in this section for our workspaces so people can get ideas for their own spaces as well?

3dpaftermarket
Extrude3D
Waiting for printbed temp...

Re: Welcome (what is this all about)?

Postby marmil » 2014-Jan-Mon-23-Jan

Extrude3D wrote:Interesting idea, kinda like a blog (I thought PHPBB had a blog feature or add-on).

Are you still using your LC, or another printer? Can we make a show-off masterthread in this section for our workspaces so people can get ideas for their own spaces as well?

Hi Extrude. I'd suggest using the Hardware & mechanics > Showcase section. That will be fine to put something like showing your work area and setup there.
viewforum.php?f=89

CG & 3D enthusiast • Printrbot+ Kickstarter backer • Mods: GT2 belts, custom aluminum y-carriage and print bed
marmil
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Return to Plexus Print Lab