[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Printrbot Thing ALERT! New Thing Found!

Printrbot Thing ALERT! New Thing Found!

Talk about things - things to make, things you made

Postby Michael@Oz » 2012-May-Tue-00-May

:idea: we need a thread where people can post when they see a new Printrbot related Thing in Thingiverse. So here goes, for your making pleasure...

NOTE: Each is a snapshot of when the Thing was listed YOU need to determine whether a Thing is fit for purpose.

wait for me to find new Things, but if you must...consider PMing me first...but, if you must
, don't include pictures etc , and

[url=<the Things url>]<The title on Thingivers>[/url]<. Additional description if Thing title is unclear.>.

[color=#0000FF]

This will likely be my last update here.

. "include this marker guide for coloring your filament while it's being fed"
. DXF for cutting with router

. For laser cutting
. From Brooks DXF files of the wood extruder

. Interesting discussion re bowing effect of belt tension.

. Filament guide, fan holder & feet

. (AC=author)

. "This carriage is designed as a bolt-on replacement for part of the stock Printrbot X carriage." For LC/+

. Look like it's for Original

. "What results is a crude approximation of the Beta"

. " for the PrintrBoard Rev.E "

. Tool holder

. Maybe the start of a new derivative??

. keep your bed cables from hitting the Z motor coupling

. For a PrintrBot Simple

. PLA Feed Tube, Fan bracket, 30.5 mm flanged cap (spool hub), 8mm foot/elbow
. "much greater range of tightening and doesn't risk damaging your belt"

. May want to wait for MkII
. "with a place to hold down the USB cable with a tie wrap", I used hot-glue
. Like a top joindler
. Note: I don't think the firmware referenced is suitable for Simple.

. "mountint the printrbot exturder on Y-Z axies base , so that you can make the nozzle not so heavy"
. compensate for the Y-Axis droop in a Printrbot Simple (Beta) ... a simple Perl shim script
. "Printrbot Simple" not "Simple Spool Holder"

. 6cm fan version

. ie final version of Simple

. Clips on to the X motor mount

. w integrated fan mount
[20130701]

. rotated & centered to fit A3 paper in landscape

. well plastic hub for wooden spool...

. to fit 8mm rod/dowel
. ie simple bot not fan

. For LC
. Extruder on Z shaft

. Simple and for the Simple
. Laser cut

. Using Printrbot
. " that you can use as a starting point when working on mounting options."

. See the white ring around the chrome bit in photo 1.

. I'm assuming 'Printrbot Original'

. Simple feet are happy feet

. a replacement for the wood plates the V2 ships with

[20130601]
. "upgrading to an anti-backlash setup with two M8 nuts and a spring" (remember steps/mm changes)
. "give you an extra 5mm on your Z axis"
. "replace the vinyl tubing coupler that comes with the Printrbot"
. Netfabb fixed version of v2

. ie spacer
. WIP, STL is not rendered, may have problems

. Eagle v6.4.0 layout and pdf files for creating a PCB heatbed
. Used with above

. "Stable printers are happy printer,"

. "to give you about half an inch of extra space"

. From the looks, could fit other bots too
. Y? I don't know...

. "but will likely work with any printrbot with heated bed and 1/8" thick glass"
. Supposedly helps with filament jamming??? Know how? Tell all on Thingiverse.

. " to prevent undesired rotation as the build platform jiggles"

. "to upgrade the stock belt to a GT2 belt... It holds the belt in place"
. to be able to make fine adjustments to the printhead height.
. Mounts on top of Z rods.
. Simpler version, for Plus.

. First GO Thing

[20130501]

. "make the threaded rod axis to be centered to "NEMA17 48mm" 's shaft"
. "Use this with my X Axis 3 rod addons"

. WIP, based on a sandblasting cabinet.
Laser cut pattern. You'll need longer rods, not sure if there is a 6x8 hotbed.
. Fit a M6/Rod to your Z axis

. For PLUS, probably LC too?
. "This is a 8mm Z Rod Cap / Bracket & L Bracket for use with Aluminum C Channel for a Printrbot."
. "3rd rod x axis brackets" to take the extra weight
. For 12mm rods

. for LC

. To replace lasercut gears
. for LC
. For RAMPS not Printrboard
. More knob like
. Sits on top of Z smooth rods

. Not strictly a Thing

. 2 nuts 4 anti-backlash

. "because the Y motor shaft otherwise hits bolts that retain the heatbed"
. "This allows you to have a rectangular build plate" ??
Interesting concept
. The extra weight should keep the pb in place too, needs the following

. For LC
. Probably not a good idea

. Not good to constrain z-threaded-rod IMO
. M6 threaded rod a pair of captive nuts and a spring. printed adapter
. lasercut from 6mm sandblasted or textured acrylic
. Inspired by an original design by Plexus

. "This mount was designed to mount to the side of my Prusa Air i2" not strictly printrbot, but close.

. Keep your extruder clean, no the other type of washer
. TaDaah

. By PolakiumEngineering, not Printrbot

. "Designed and tested for a Printrbot LC, though I believe it'll fit a Plus model as well."
. "Extra clip to hold bed of the Printrbot jr on outer side."
. LC y-ends with springs

t.

. Printed parts to make a nozzle, with a very good video

. "Who doesn't like the biohazard symbol?"
. And stepper stabiliser

. Super-size me
. Very nice solution
. Yet another coupler

. I'm amazed nobody though of that before

. "belt tension causes the X bridge to warp. This brace is designed to counteract the warp"
. I'm not sure what makes it 'official'
. For D shaft steppers

. Added steroids

er

. For Original, LC & Plus
. Cleaned up. Should do other models too

. Probably OK with Plus
. 'home for your PrintrBot Original or LC, but not plus, its accessories and tools'

. 4 LC, possible Plus too?

. WIP, needs instructions/pictures
. Should work on all Pb's

. Should work for Pb Original, intersting use of silicone.
. For LC

. For the Printrbot+, featuring an integrated fan mount.

. "it will make your Prinrobot Jr look like a Mazda Miata with 4 ft spoiler. Do it."
. shorter to save some plastic

. For LC enclosure
. Hold your LC/+ feet, could be moded for Original
. For LC & presumably Plus.

. To fit on a Printrbot LC wooden extruder

. For LC Plus

. "Keep in mind that this device doesn't really serve any real purpose", danimal added "The rods don't need any bracing but I realized you could use it as a handle."

. "My intention was to be as close as possible to the original parts but with some improvements."

. I don't know where it goes...

. For the Original
and I seem to have missed some lately, sorry...

. will need to ask for his other bits

. I think for LC/+ only...

. <- that's what he said, not me. Seems to be radically different to Printrbot, just similar geometry.
. For LC extruder

. He designed a version from scratch
. Ripoff (sorry derivative) of the LC Printrbot
. Files in asm/par or stp

. The new laser cut one.
. "This newest version includes laser cut bar ends and belt clips."

extruder
. for mounting on laser mount (see below)

. For LC & LC+ I think?

. CNC cut

. (LC & Plus) May also work on Original(?)
. I think they mean HACK.
. ie Metric
.<Obsolete: See [url]Derivative[/url]>

. Mounts the stepper motor horizontally, use bought pulleys otherwise too large to mount vertically.

. So the core of the printer can be removed and replaced in the same location on the work surface.

. Occupy victim.

20120801 - I'll try to remember to insert these periodically

. For LC

. Rack gears

. less wobbly x carriage with 4 lm8uu's ..

. X Motor Idler & Carriage.

. A mount that had a larger mating surface.
. To reduce warping.

. The one.

& derivatives of the original PB things, also & (thanks scantrontb)

- apparently Printrbot LC parts STLs for printing in plastic. No longer exists.

. Occupy Thingiverse victim. See

& another version

. Styled to match Brooks design.
. 27 May, Some new parts as shipped. Extruder w gears, pulley, coupling.
_ (STL for pb-X-Carriage-w-Z-endstop - missing from Thingiverse, is . Thanx Arvin.)
_ (STLs in ZIP files are avaialble )

eddiema's not gona drop his bot again ;)

Missed this one sorry :oops:

A Printrbot derivative

^ Things since 1st May 2012. Newest on top.
|
v Things prior to 1st May 2012. In order of the Thingiverse seach results, sort of...

It all started with Brook updates this, so it is always worth a look.

I'm trying to get the other things needed which aren't on THE Printrbot page. NOTE:The historically missing parts were subsequently uploaded to the Printrbot Original (above).
These MAY BE the items, let me know by PM if you have better candidates. Edit/ see New Version above for most parts /edit

may not be Printrbot version :?: looks right. WRONG

With plain gears.

. I think these are it but for M3 20mm, Brook may have moded these for Imperial nuts :?: Or
. Alternative.

Other Printrbot related stuff;
Label your bot
Good to stop taking your eye out :shock: (may rub on motor @ high Z left X)

Note: these are not the updated parts. Thanks FisHNorway.

. Not really Printrbot, but may be handy.
The Printrbot Kickstarter Reward.
That's it. If anyone wants any more historical items added PM me with the Thing number.

I realise I'm breaking my own rules... but so we don't get Thing ALERTs going off all over the place can we please t r y to keep Q & A's away from this thread.

Please use the Thingiverse 'comments' to discuss a Thing, that way everyone in Thingiverse gets the news, and everyone subscribing to this thread doesn't get blasted.

In my priority order;
a. Wait for me to notice a new Printrbot related thing, I have no life so I check regularly, (If you see me slacking PM me)
(The advantage is that I will batch up multiple new Things hence minimising ALERT emails)
b. PM me if you think I missed a relevant thing,
c. IF your thing needs special explanation that you didn't/don't want to post with the Thing, post a reply here with your details,
d. If you really can't wait, post your Thing ALERT,
e. When you do post, and after your post is no longer relevant once I update the OP or is no longer timely, delete your post if you can (no replies) or edit to shrink your posts,
f. Ignore my efforts to keep this thread relevant and minimise the emails to subscribers of this thread.

Sorry, I do not mean any offence, but I'd like to keep this as clean and relevant as possible.
:)

edit Toned it down a bit... Sorry :oops: /edit

Last edited by Michael@Oz on 2013-Sep-Fri-00-Sep, edited 253 times in total.
Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Printrbot Thing ALERT! New Thing Found!

Postby eddiema » 2012-May-Tue-00-May

eddiema
Aluminum coupler brain

Postby eddiema » 2012-May-Tue-05-May

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eddiema on 2012-May-Tue-05-May, edited 1 time in total.
eddiema
Aluminum coupler brain

Postby eddiema » 2012-May-Tue-07-May

My y-end mod in skp and stl can be found here.
Along with the skp port of the ZEST.
None are tested. Don't hotlink to the files because that will fail.
You can copy or post them elsewhere if you wish but wait till they are tested.
http://nerdipedia.com/tiki-list_file_ga ... lleryId=17

eddiema
Aluminum coupler brain

Postby eddiema » 2012-May-Tue-12-May

I've stuck my ZEST sketchup port and my Y-bar end mod on ThingyVerse.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22358
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22357

eddiema
Aluminum coupler brain

Postby karmacappa » 2012-May-Tue-12-May

AFAIK, the herringbone gears are not designed by Brook. He seems to have used these:

karmacappa
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby CL1 » 2012-May-Tue-20-May

CL1
Can update firmware

Postby pocketscience » 2012-May-Wed-23-May

xt60 DC socket mount for printrbot:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23217

printrbot backer #147
pocketscience
Solid infill...

Postby pocketscience » 2012-May-Thu-00-May

U-clamp for securing printrbot:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23219

printrbot backer #147
pocketscience
Solid infill...

Postby eddiema » 2012-May-Sun-03-May

I've added another thingy to my TV page.
It is a 6mm standoff with a few different sized clamp parts.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23387
You can also see my etched glass and depron insulation.
The old depron was heat damaged but I don't intend to ever run it that hot again.

eddiema
Aluminum coupler brain

Postby Alexmadsen1 » 2012-May-Tue-21-May

Cable Chain and Brackets for PrintrBot
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:23552

Alex

Alexmadsen1
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby pocketscience » 2012-May-Fri-22-May

printrbot backer #147
pocketscience
Solid infill...

Postby Arvin » 2012-May-Tue-05-May

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kickstarter backer #517 [standard printed PB]
Arvin
Levelling print bed...

Postby Michael@Oz » 2012-May-Wed-18-May

Last edited by Michael@Oz on 2012-Oct-Sun-21-Oct, edited 4 times in total.
Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby Michael@Oz » 2012-Jun-Tue-19-Jun

edit If you got here congrats, but from now on it is just the individual notices for each Thing found. If you read the Original then you have seen everything... /edit

Last edited by Michael@Oz on 2012-Jul-Tue-16-Jul, edited 2 times in total.
Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby shai » 2012-Jul-Tue-14-Jul

I made a printrbot LC switch mount. You can view it on Thingiverse here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:26193

Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Postby drawcut » 2012-Jul-Wed-12-Jul

Spur gears for PB extruder

Also started a thread on these here:

Printrbot original. Major mods: Y axis extended to ~8", Z extended to ~8.5". 5mm SS Z threaded rods w/ flex couplings. E3D hotend. Purchased Acetel gears. Glass bed with Elmers' purple glue stick for most prints. Top of Z axis rods have added cross structure similar to a Prusia i3.
drawcut
ACME leadscrew

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Feb-Sun-21-Feb

. I'm not sure what makes it 'official'
. For D shaft steppers

. Added steroids

And while it is not Printrbot specific, I though this was neat .

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Feb-Tue-01-Feb

. I'm amazed nobody though of that before
. "belt tension causes the X bridge to warp. This brace is designed to counteract the warp"

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby plexus » 2013-Feb-Tue-11-Feb

plexus
Site Admin

Postby FineAirDE » 2013-Feb-Thu-03-Feb

Hello Plexus,

working temperature of ABS is max. 85 to 100 °C. My heated bed once was max. 70°C.
ABS is o.k. for this.
You press not the heating bed, you press the thermal sensor, the ABS ist not directly at the bed.

I take Poly Carbonat (PC = Lexan) at the bed that the ABS holds perfect.
First layer temperature I test in the moment 50 to 60°C.
Second and later layer 20

After printing you can take the piece of PC from the bed and take the part away.

schrotti

FineAirDE
Loading filament...

Postby Mochaboy » 2013-Jul-Tue-15-Jul

This is really useful. Would it be possible to split up the list into parts by model? Including a section for universal parts?

Octoprint + Raspberry Pi Wireless Printer Server
Printrbot Jr born 6/13
Brass M8 Threaded Z Rod
Tool less belt tensioners
Aluminum print plate
GT2 Timing Belt and 20T aluminum pulleys

Mochaboy
Print winner 1st
Print winner 1st

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Sep-Tue-00-Sep

. "include this marker guide for coloring your filament while it's being fed"
. DXF for cutting with router

This will likely be my last update here.

Anyone should fee free to start a phase II thread if they think it is worth it, but I note lots of people are using the Thingiverse Collections now, so these posts may be redundant.

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby mikemwa53 » 2013-Sep-Tue-02-Sep

I myself look forward to this thread. I make it to Thingiverse as often as possible but even then I miss some Printrbot things.

Sooooo much to do
Sooooo Little time!!!

mikemwa53
ACME leadscrew

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Sep-Fri-00-Sep

Jay sent me a link to his

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby MSEIF » 2013-Nov-Fri-05-Nov

I myself look ahead to this line. I create it to Thingiverse as often as possible but even then I skip some Printrbot factors.

Best Web Design Service in Norwich, UK
MSEIF
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby DonaldJ » 2013-Dec-Sun-03-Dec

Just uploaded a new thing: Magnetic fan mount for PB+

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:204202

DonaldJ
Support material...

Postby DonaldJ » 2013-Dec-Wed-09-Dec

Tool caddy with small parts tray:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:212687

DonaldJ
Support material...

Postby Palerob » 2014-Apr-Sat-19-Apr

Metal Simple Spool holder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Simple is not just a tool, it is an addiction. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 Simple W/ XL+Tower Upgrade
MODS: Jon's GT2 X and Y Belt mods, soon to have the Y extender and X Depth extender.

Also: 2014 Black Metal Simple (Technically the wife's but you know...)
Palerob
Levelling print bed...

Postby Palerob » 2014-Apr-Mon-15-Apr

New Thing alert!

Description

If you modified your Simple using Jon Lawrence's excellent Belt Drive X-axis Upgrade (if you flipped your bed mounting plate so the tabs are now forward) then you lost about a half inch of available printing space in the Y axis. This Extruder Plate adds 15 mm to the Y axis and your prints should be just about centered. I have added it to a 2013 SImple with XL upgrade (aluminum exturder) and a 2014 Simple. Works fine on both.

MODS: Jon's GT2 X and Y Belt mods, soon to have the Y extender and X Depth extender.

Palerob
Levelling print bed...

Postby Palerob » 2014-Apr-Mon-17-Apr

Description

Filament guide for printrbot metal simple. If you are using a printrbot simple metal then I recomend you use the GCODE.

Palerob
Levelling print bed...

Postby tonyyoungblood » 2014-Jun-Wed-01-Jun

tonyyoungblood
Loading filament...

Postby Michael@Oz » 2014-Dec-Fri-05-Dec

Sorry, about late posting:

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Return to Things talk