SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

This forum is for people and companies that are selling supplies of interest to 3D printer users ONLY.

SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Aug-Sun-05-Aug

Hello fellow Printrbot lovers...

I have started another venture SPANNERHANDS LIMITED UK based in South Wales
http://www.spannerhands.co.uk
Just a friendly on-line store, which only sells what's in stock and deliveries fast...

After using some Fillamentum filament I found it quite hard to get in the UK, I am now a Official Fillamentum Distributior :D

If you want me to stock anything or have any suggestions please let me know...

Will have stock on-line soon, along with some other supplies...

Thanks
Spannerhands...
  • 0

Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
User avatar
SpannerHands
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 2015-Feb-Wed-16-Feb
Reputation: 3

SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Sep-Tue-05-Sep

Filament Now in stock :D

Printed on my Printrbot Simple Metal @ 0.2mm Layer Height
Fillamentum PLA Extrafill Metalic Grey, as you can see good filament makes a bit of a difference ;)
Image
  • 0

Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
User avatar
SpannerHands
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 2015-Feb-Wed-16-Feb
Reputation: 3

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby mdfast1 » 2015-Sep-Wed-00-Sep

Any US distributor for Fillamentum?
  • 0

Printrbot Simple Metal - RED -
UBIS 13

Printrbot LC+ - Operational

Printrbot Original- Donated
GT2 - 20 Tooth Pulleys
GT2 Belts
Brass Threaded Rods
Spur Gears from drawcut
.35mm nozzle
User avatar
mdfast1
Layer 650 of 1234
 
Posts: 668
Joined: 2012-Feb-Thu-12-Feb
Reputation: 12

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby PxT » 2015-Sep-Wed-16-Sep

There are two listed on their site:
http://fillamentum.com/pages/resellers
  • 0

User avatar
PxT
Print complete...
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: 2011-Dec-Mon-16-Dec
Location: Sacramento, CA
Reputation: 97

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby coastline » 2015-Sep-Fri-16-Sep

Hi Spannerhands,

Love your prints on your blog and twitter feeds - super clean prints. I also use Fillamentum but as you say it's difficult to source, so expect an order from me. In the process of trying out your Fan upgrade too.

I noticed you use Simplify 3D. Any chance you could post one of your (.4mm nozzle) 3dbenchy gcodes to the Simplify 3D thread http://www.printrbottalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10348.

I'd be really interested to try it on my PSM as a comparison to Slic3r.
  • 0

coastline
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 2015-Mar-Sun-10-Mar
Reputation: 0

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Sep-Sat-13-Sep

coastline wrote:I noticed you use Simplify 3D. Any chance you could post one of your (.4mm nozzle) 3dbenchy gcodes to the Simplify 3D thread http://www.printrbottalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10348.

Standard warning, it's unlikely that gcode from somebody else's bot will work on yours, especially if it's not the same make/model machine. Dimensions, speeds, temps, tolerances and tweaking are likely to be quite different. Just sayin...

Kirk
  • 0

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
User avatar
Mooselake
My next printer is...
 
Posts: 3572
Joined: 2011-Dec-Tue-23-Dec
Location: Moose Swamp, Upper Michigan, USA
Reputation: 171

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby Mach-Chris » 2015-Sep-Sat-17-Sep

Mooselake wrote:Standard warning, it's unlikely that gcode from somebody else's bot will work on yours, especially if it's not the same make/model machine. Dimensions, speeds, temps, tolerances and tweaking are likely to be quite different. Just sayin...

Kirk



That's true Kirk!

Though it would still be a fun adventure! ;) I would be willing to try it....that being said, I posted my benchy gcode file for a metal plus to that thread...and I've been accused of running my printers quite fast...though that "problem" could be mitigated with a speed override ;).

Running someone else's resultant file from s3d isn't necessarily a fair evaluation of its capabilities. The whole experience needs to be taken into account, specifically support material generation and removal when it comes to s3d. However there are also other secondary factors that can easily sway someone in one direction or another, such as UI and UX. I've only recently started using some more advanced features that I find very handy, for example printing certain segments of a model at different layer heights. Example the war hammer space marine model, I printed the base at .3 and the body at .1, while adjusting the infill to print every layer on the .3 section and every 3rd layer for the remainder of the print, WHILE at the same time printing another model beside it at .2 entirely. I'm not sure if other slicers can do this, but that type of flexibility is super useful! :D

-Chris
  • 0

Visit Matrix Online!
Follow us on Twitter! @MatrixPrecision
User avatar
Mach-Chris
Support material...
 
Posts: 403
Joined: 2014-May-Mon-07-May
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Reputation: 38

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Sep-Sun-03-Sep

coastline wrote:Hi Spannerhands,

Love your prints on your blog and twitter feeds - super clean prints. I also use Fillamentum but as you say it's difficult to source, so expect an order from me. In the process of trying out your Fan upgrade too.

I noticed you use Simplify 3D. Any chance you could post one of your (.4mm nozzle) 3dbenchy gcodes to the Simplify 3D thread http://www.printrbottalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10348.

I'd be really interested to try it on my PSM as a comparison to Slic3r.



Thanks for the compliments :D

Sorry for late replay, been supper busy...

Glad you use Fillamentum, you have made the first big step in print quality, fan upgrade helps allot with PLA and overhangs bridging etc...

Its unlikely that my g code will give you a magical good print, as its always a combination, filament, cooling, printer condition, belt tension etc..., But I will post it on your topic for you to try...
  • 0

Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
User avatar
SpannerHands
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 2015-Feb-Wed-16-Feb
Reputation: 3

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby coastline » 2015-Sep-Mon-14-Sep

Thanks Spannerhands,

I take on board the caveats on using other's GCODE but the variables in this case (ie same machine, same hotend, same cooling (once I've upgraded mine), and same filament (although I don't have Rapunzel Silver - YET) ) should be close enough for a rough evaluation.

Can't hurt anyway.

and by the way, the picture on your twitter feed of the desk vice is pure 3d printer porn! Please tell me you photoshop-ed it and it's not a real print! :-)
  • 0

coastline
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 2015-Mar-Sun-10-Mar
Reputation: 0

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Sep-Mon-15-Sep

coastline wrote:Thanks Spannerhands,

I take on board the caveats on using other's GCODE but the variables in this case (ie same machine, same hotend, same cooling (once I've upgraded mine), and same filament (although I don't have Rapunzel Silver - YET) ) should be close enough for a rough evaluation.

Can't hurt anyway.

and by the way, the picture on your twitter feed of the desk vice is pure 3d printer porn! Please tell me you photoshop-ed it and it's not a real print! :-)


You should have almost the same result, cooling really helps quality...

Thanks again, I love my Vice Print :D
https://twitter.com/SpannerHands3D/stat ... 5381965824

Don't freak out, but Printed that quite quickly so quality is not my best... :roll:
  • 0

Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
User avatar
SpannerHands
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 2015-Feb-Wed-16-Feb
Reputation: 3

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby coastline » 2015-Sep-Mon-16-Sep

SpannerHands wrote:Don't freak out, but Printed that quite quickly so quality is not my best... :roll:


Show-off! :mrgreen:
  • 0

coastline
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 2015-Mar-Sun-10-Mar
Reputation: 0

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby mdfast1 » 2015-Sep-Mon-20-Sep

Seriously those pictures look like renderings, very well done.
  • 0

Printrbot Simple Metal - RED -
UBIS 13

Printrbot LC+ - Operational

Printrbot Original- Donated
GT2 - 20 Tooth Pulleys
GT2 Belts
Brass Threaded Rods
Spur Gears from drawcut
.35mm nozzle
User avatar
mdfast1
Layer 650 of 1234
 
Posts: 668
Joined: 2012-Feb-Thu-12-Feb
Reputation: 12

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby coastline » 2015-Sep-Tue-03-Sep

Just an observation regarding print quality in general.

As a noob one of the things I struggled with was actually having an idea of what quality of print I should be trying to achieve when calibrating my printer.

This forum is packed with pictures of bad prints for obvious reasons. But what would have been useful to me (and perhaps a little depressing at first :-) ) would be a gallery of good/best prints for each model. Showing what a well calibrated printrbot is capable of in the wild (ie not a marketing photo).

Not sure I'll ever get my prints coming out as clean as Spannerhands but at least I now have something to aim for.

So thanks Spannerhands.

Could you also give a bit of insight into your photography methods as well. Lighting and closeup is superb.
  • 0

coastline
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 2015-Mar-Sun-10-Mar
Reputation: 0

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Sep-Tue-05-Sep

coastline wrote:Just an observation regarding print quality in general.

As a noob one of the things I struggled with was actually having an idea of what quality of print I should be trying to achieve when calibrating my printer.

This forum is packed with pictures of bad prints for obvious reasons. But what would have been useful to me (and perhaps a little depressing at first :-) ) would be a gallery of good/best prints for each model. Showing what a well calibrated printrbot is capable of in the wild (ie not a marketing photo).

Not sure I'll ever get my prints coming out as clean as Spannerhands but at least I now have something to aim for.

So thanks Spannerhands.

Could you also give a bit of insight into your photography methods as well. Lighting and closeup is superb.


I am with you there, I was put of buying a printrbot by the images on-line, also watching videos of the assembly make me cringe as an engineer, but bought a kit and 12 months later arrived at this point, now quite happy with my budget printer...

I will probably end up doing a video or expand my blog to show all the steps I took to get here, as I think its just a combination of factors making the quality they way it is today, lots of small improvements that added up in the end, as I would like everyone to get the most out of this great little printer...

With regards to photography:
Using a Cannon 70D with a Tamron 90 mm F/2.8 DI MACRO VC USD Lens in a White Acrylic Photography Light Box with 2 X 230v 3750LUX 5500K Strip Lights.
  • 0

Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
User avatar
SpannerHands
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 2015-Feb-Wed-16-Feb
Reputation: 3

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Sep-Tue-05-Sep

mdfast1 wrote:Seriously those pictures look like renderings, very well done.


Thanks :D
  • 0

Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
User avatar
SpannerHands
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 2015-Feb-Wed-16-Feb
Reputation: 3

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Sep-Tue-07-Sep

SpannerHands wrote:With regards to photography:
Using a Cannon 70D with a Tamron 90 mm F/2.8 DI MACRO VC USD Lens in a White Acrylic Photography Light Box with 2 X 230v 3750LUX 5500K Strip Lights.

Forget the print pictures; show us your photo setup :)

Kirk
  • 0

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
User avatar
Mooselake
My next printer is...
 
Posts: 3572
Joined: 2011-Dec-Tue-23-Dec
Location: Moose Swamp, Upper Michigan, USA
Reputation: 171

Re: SPANNERHANDS Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs UK

Postby coastline » 2015-Oct-Thu-13-Oct

I'd just like to give my recommendation to Spannerhands http://www.spannerhands.co.uk/ for filament.

I ordered a reel of Fillamentum Skyblue and 5 different sample packs.

Rapunzel Silver is just gorgeous!

Image

Quick Delivery and great products. The sample packs are a great idea.

Thanks Spannerhands, your pictures "made me want to be a better 3D Printer" :D

You can expect my filament business from now on.
  • 0

coastline
Loading filament...
 
Posts: 22
Joined: 2015-Mar-Sun-10-Mar
Reputation: 0


Return to 3D printing merchants

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron