[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Where is Simple Maker's?

Where is Simple Maker's?

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Where is Simple Maker's?

Postby spaceorange12 » 2015-May-Thu-10-May

I was browsing the Printrbot Store...

Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 9.26.02 AM.png

I want answers and I want them now

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RIP Printrbot 1405
spaceorange12
Printing skirt...

Where is Simple Maker's?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Where is Simple Maker's?

Postby KD6HQ » 2015-May-Thu-11-May

I noticed that also, apparently they cancelled it.
Guess it's time to look for replacement.

Printrbot Simple Makers Kit (1405) modified.
Core XYZ

It's all in the details!
KD6HQ
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby musk » 2015-May-Thu-13-May

It's soon to be replaced by the all-metal "play" model for $399. For the extra $50 you get an all-metal machine with a larger build volume and you don't have to assemble it yourself. Brook said they'll also have a kit version.

Printrbot Metal Plus (2x)
Printrbot Simple Metal (2x)
musk
Solid infill...

Postby KD6HQ » 2015-May-Thu-13-May

Well apparently they are getting out of the DIY business.
That's too bad, but it is their prerogative.
For me, I'm glad that the 1405 Makers kit was around.
Thanks to this forum and the 1405 kit I now know enough
to go my own way. Thanks PB.

Printrbot Simple Makers Kit (1405) modified.
Core XYZ

It's all in the details!
KD6HQ
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby spaceorange12 » 2015-May-Fri-12-May

I just received the email that announced the Play.
A little disappointed but I guess it was the best move for them from a business standpoint.

RIP Printrbot 1405
spaceorange12
Printing skirt...

Postby Mooselake » 2015-May-Fri-15-May

There's lots of kits available now, and with PB's past comments about how hard it is to support kits (unless you came here, of course) it's not surprising. Now that the 3D printer market is taking off (except for Makerbot...) it looks like they're finally going for higher profit machines to pay for that Mexican Villa. Guess TV stardom wasn't enough :)

Didn't Brook say, only partly as a joke, that they should charge more for kits because of the support issues?

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby the.ronin » 2015-Jun-Fri-10-Jun

I'm glad I got into 3d printing when I did then just a few months ago. It was through a special sale at Micro Center of the Makers Edition DIY kit. Building the printer myself really helped me to understand every single thing going on. Looking back, I'm glad I did not go with a pre-built printer (it was either the Makers Edition DIY kit or a prebuilt DaVinci which was priced very competitively). It's too bad they are moving away from DIY. In my own opinion its the best way to understand how these things work.

the.ronin
Waiting for printbed temp...

Postby cacb » 2015-Jun-Fri-15-Jun

Printrbot Simple Metal Kit + heated bed upgrade. KISSlicer (Kubuntu/Win7), OctoPrint (wireless Raspberry Pi model B) - http://arnholm.org/
cacb
Support material...

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Jun-Sun-08-Jun

With the sorta Prusa i3ish style of the Plus and Play I'm expecting them to replace the metal simple with a mid size similar styled printer. Now they're an all heavy metal band they'd likely retire the laser cutter, and use the space for more metal working equipment. Say a metal cutting laser.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2015-Jun-Sat-10-Jun

I was in the shop yesterday and all of the laser cutters have been replaced with new equipment that will allow us to make the Printrboards. We may have kept one of the laser cutters I think.

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby upnxrawk » 2015-Jun-Sat-11-Jun

I would've loved to have one of those laser cutters. I could use another one

upnxrawk
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2015-Jun-Sat-14-Jun

I can check to see if we have any for sale still.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby David@Printrbot » 2015-Jun-Mon-18-Jun

Ok, we do still have them. However, Brook has yet to decide what to do with them. If you are really interested, I recommend contacting him via Twitter and/or email... brook@

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby spaceorange12 » 2015-Jun-Tue-19-Jun

What brand are they? Epilog?

RIP Printrbot 1405
spaceorange12
Printing skirt...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2015-Jun-Wed-12-Jun