[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Ordered Assembled - Amazon shipped a kit

Ordered Assembled - Amazon shipped a kit

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby thoughtfix » 2014-Sep-Tue-18-Sep

I think some inventory Amazon got from Printrbot is incorrect. It says "assembled" on the outside but inside is clearly a kit. I am working it out with them.

Amazon is having me return the incorrect box and are shipping me a replacement (and they waived shipping on the replacement - I guess it's the least they could do) but I am not confident that I will get another "kit" in place of an "assembled" bot. Though I am no stranger to Printrbots with my Plus, I am paying extra for the assembly because I heard of a number of problems with the "fit" of the kit: slightly bent print beds, rods slightly "too long" rods, etc. I'd rather have one tested as working because I have a TON of prints to do before Halloween. (In fact - that's why I am getting a second Printrbot.)

Here are some pictures showing "assembled" on the outside of the box, but clearly a "kit" on the inside.
WP_20140923_16_14_46_Pro.jpg
WP_20140923_16_13_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20140923_16_06_46_Pro.jpg
WP_20140923_16_14_08_Pro.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thoughtfix
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ordered Assembled - Amazon shipped a kit

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Sep-Wed-00-Sep

Amazon should take care of it as that is their mistake for sure. Obviously the assemble bot comes in a much bigger box :)

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby teicher » 2014-Sep-Wed-08-Sep

Off topic but I love that disclaimer sticker on the wiring bag!

teicher
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Sep-Wed-13-Sep

We had to do that for kits as we had too many customers get in over their heads. Building a kit is not for everyone ;)

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby thoughtfix » 2014-Sep-Wed-15-Sep

I think my big concern is that the outside sticker tagged it as "assembled" (visible in the pictures) but it still had a kit inside. I don't know if PBHQ or if Amazon adds that sticker - but someone incorrectly tagged it. I hope their whole batch in this shipping hub is not badly tagged. I'll find out in a couple days.

thoughtfix

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Sep-Wed-15-Sep

That is an Amazon sticker.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby thoughtfix » 2014-Sep-Wed-15-Sep

Thanks. I got a shipping notice for the replacement and it's coming via USPS from Stockton, CA instead of via FedEx from Oakland, CA so I can hope it's coming from a different Amazon fulfillment center. If there's a problem, I'll let you know. Otherwise - assume I am happily printing :)

thoughtfix

Postby thoughtfix » 2014-Sep-Fri-01-Sep

thoughtfix

Return to General