Question on Importing

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Question on Importing

Postby andy6a6 » 2014-Sep-Tue-18-Sep

I'm from the UK,

I want to buy the Printrbot Simple metal white (kit form) from the Printrbot store. (at the time of posting; that model isn't available in the UK - and the black variant isn't in stock at either the official re-seller, RoboSavvy, or Amazon) The total cost including delivery is $656.49 (UPS Express. I need it by 17th September). £404, UK tax rate is 20%. So final cost £488 - (not that much higher than the UK's official re-seller at face value). But I have several questions, roughly broken down into two groupings;

Tax;
I assume UPS will forward the added VAT to me, but I don't know how that works. Do they charge the rate to me at the door, do I have to pay it to them before they will even come to my door? Is it just the flat tax rate or are there extra charges? Am I wrong that they'll pay it, do I have to pay hmrc directly? Tax laws are confusing.

Power;
I also assume the power supply included will be a US one, can I just buy a UK version which delivers the required power? I plan on buying the heated bed down the line, and I have an old ATX PSU lying around already. So can I just use that?

andy6a6
Waiting to connect to printer...

Question on Importing

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Question on Importing

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Sep-Tue-18-Sep

As for taxes, VAT, etc... I have no idea what happens when our bots arrive in customs. I recommending posting up in the general forum to check with other fellow UK users as there are many here.

As for the power source, it has plugs for both US and Europe so you are good to go there.

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Re: Question on Importing

Postby andy6a6 » 2014-Sep-Tue-18-Sep

Thank you for the quick reply.

andy6a6
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to General