[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - My BAD experience with printrbot. [Solved.]

My BAD experience with printrbot. [Solved.]

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Tue-09-Aug

Ok, so I ordered a simple metal in april. I got that printer and I followed all manuals to set it up and went to printrbot.com/simple etc. It was ok for a while until the original printer power supply blew. It was a FAKE from china. Long story short, I sent them an email they sent me a new printrboard with no new psu, I connected it and kept having problems. The remote tech said it was broken because he couldn't upload firmware files remotely (atmel program wasn't connecting to the board) so they sent me another one. We finally used a mac instead of windows to upgrade and we got it to work. Ever since then my printer won't print good at all (never did). I have tried a range of z heights from z-0.2 to -1 and none of them produced good results. I sent an email to support telling them the issue, I went on to explain my logic, and how I think it is the sensor because when the bad psu blew it could have damaged the sensor (they are very touchy and sensitive from what I have heard) I also mentioned how I used a multimeter to test if the power the sensor needed was in it's range of 6-36 volts and it was providing 4vdc. Not enough. All I got was a "We are working on a fix" (from the second remote tech who wasn't involved, mentioned later in the post). Not even a "hey let me talk to someone and see if we can replace the sensor, or provide me with a reason it is or isn't working". I have been working with them for over four months, asked them if there was a way to trade it in for a verified printer that is working correctly, dave told me they didn't do that and asked if the remote tech could try again. I haven't heard back from the tech (on vacation or something). What made it worse was some other tech responded to my message when the first tech understood all of the issues I had been having and dave was also up to date on my issues. Now we have three people involved and the new tech has no clue what is going on.

So I have to resend an email to them telling the problem again. They sent me a bad power supply, and it most likely messed up the sensor. Any advice on how to deal with this mess. I have asked other peoples opinions on this, and they own other printers like ultimakers and makerbots, etc. and they also agree that they would never buy anything from this company if they didn't even show the least bit of concern for the issue when it was their fault in the first place. It may be a barebones printer and I knew that when I bought the darn thing. But the warranty says they guarantee it in working order and all the parts in working order.

Last edited by caleb12134 on 2014-Sep-Sat-02-Sep, edited 4 times in total.
caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: My BAD experience with printrbot.

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Aug-Tue-16-Aug

Sorry to hear you have been troubleshooting for over six months. PM me your contact info and ticket number and I will investigate.

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2014-Aug-Tue-20-Aug

That's an odd conclusion. I personally have never had an issue with Printrbot. I've had a few parts that didn't work or gave out but, they always responded quickly and sent out replacement parts. They also later checked in to make sure that it was all ok.

I would assume that a dedicated owner of a makerbot would say that they wouldn't ever buy a Printrbot. I'm a satisfied Printrbot owner and I would never buy a makerbot.

I can tell you from my experience that if your situation can be remedied, it will be. No matter what company you buy from it is a statistical probability that someone will slip through the cracks but, it's the actions the company takes after they realize this has happened - that really matters.

I really hope you get up and running soon as the guys who work at Printrbot are some of the greatest people I've ever bought from.

Twitter: @REPRAPSQUAD
Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:

RepRap Squad's The 1st Simple (XL)
* Custom built that towers over the LC

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
*Dual extruder PB Version (2-Ubis 1.75mm hotends)
*Heavily Modded and all axis extended
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby killbox » 2014-Aug-Tue-21-Aug

I've worked with other "better" printers and I have to say, every single printer sucks. AT FIRST. they ALL had MAJOR problems. One makerbot came with a test print on the bed and a blown broad, try to make sense of that. But the thing with printrbots is that you can fix everything, and you can do it cheap. I dealt with a leapfrog that had a bent rod upon opening the box. 3 months and countless emails later, I took a rod I had left over and cut it to the correct length myself. Sometimes if you want something done you just take the hit. And from your story I can see that they have tried to work with your printrbot. but you have to realize that all printrbots, even the perfect out of the box ones require you to sit down and tweak EVERYTHING. They could send you a printer that was doing .1mm layers but by the time you get it, it can't even print straight. Shippers do horrible things to these sensitive bits of tech before you get it. Don't blame it all on the company.

Redesigned JonBot printed in XT and reinforced with MDF over structure
Ramps 1.4
LCD
E3D V6
8x8 Hotbed
smoothieboard
*Coming soon* Rocking duel exturders
killbox
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby plexus » 2014-Aug-Tue-21-Aug

plexus
Site Admin

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Tue-23-Aug

Killbox - I understand this is a barebones printer, but their warranty guarantees all mechanical and electrical comps on assembled units for 90 days. I got the assembled version. The PSU blew around the time I got it. I am not complaining about tweaking, as I have no problem with that and have done that. I am not sure what over-current protection the boards have so it most likely damaged the sensor. I also checked if the board was outputting the correct voltage for the sensor, which is 6-36 VDC. The board only provides 4 VDC. Which is 2 volts under. I don't agree with taking a hit on a unit that has a warranty, was caused by quality control issues, and, was not caused by user error. I am not saying they didn't respond fast the first few times. But they let me fall through the cracks by another employee responding to the message, and closing the ticket. while ignoring the rest of my message and not leaving my ticket open so the original tech and dave could respond. If they had provided me with a explanation for why they think it is happening or some factual information on why it couldn't be this problem then I would research, test more, and then respond with my results. I would be completely happy with that. I just see my reasons for being a little agitated to be completely justified. I understand that shippers are total crap and don't do a good job with the fragile, this side up, or heat sensitive, stickers. It was not a shipping issue, it was a PSU issue which could have been prevented.

Plexus: Entitlement issue? As the warranty states, they guarantee all mechanical and electrical components on assembled units for 90 days after delivery. The PSU unit blew almost right after receiving the printer. The bad psu could have damaged any number of electrical comps on the printer. From what I have heard with peoples problems with makerbot they respond with their solutions, and if no solution can be reached on a printer with a warranty, they replace the part. I love printrbot and wish this never happened. If the psu never had problems and I was receiving the same results then I would understand that they tested all parts before and after assembly and it was my fault/error, and research, then buy replacement parts due to user error. I understand that is the best they can do, I was completely fine when they were responding (the original people who were up to date on the problem), and was happy with that and understood that is all they can do.

REPRAP SQUAD: Thank you for the kind words "I really hope you get up and running soon as the guys who work at Printrbot are some of the greatest people I've ever bought from." :)

I am not trying to attack anyone nor am I trying to attack printrbot. I just feel as I said above my reasons for being agitated are completely justified.

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby plexus » 2014-Aug-Wed-16-Aug

How do you know the PSU blew?

If the PSU blew then how are you able to power the PB with it?

You bought the printer in April but you say you've been working with them for 6 months. clarify (its August which is 4 months from April)?

If you were able to power the new PBrd with the PSU that "blew" then perhaps the PSU didn't actually blow? Clarification?

They replaced the PBrd and now there are signs of various malfunctions related to the sensor probe. But forget the sensor for now. Does the printer work? Maybe not give good prints yet because everything needs to be dialled in, but does it at least work? can you move the XY and Z axes up and down, heat up the nozzle, control the extruder?

plexus
Site Admin

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Wed-17-Aug

*Also I didn't mean literally blew, it malfunctioned*

If you check back on the original post it is fixed about the six months typo. Second, here are the events (mostly) in order. First printer power supply malfunctioned. Then after a few days I tried again, and the psu worked. I sent an email about communication issues with the printrboard and my computer and dave sent me postage to send them the board and they sent me a new one. Next I skyped with remote tech and we tried a bunch of stuff (this is when I mentioned my printer was moving super slow and I didn't change any settings), When I mentioned that it was moving slow he prompted me to check my psu for FCC and CE logos and they weren't on there and none of the suggestions worked so he suggested we try re-flashing the firmware. We tried to re-flash the firmware, but it wouldn't connect to the program atmel flip so he sent me a new board and a new psu. Then I kept having print quality issues with the new board, he suggested we reflash firmware. We tried that on my windows pc and it didn't work, then we moved to my mac and we got it reflashed.

"But forget the sensor for now." if the sensor is damaged and/or not getting the correct voltage then it will not work correctly.

Once again I don't mind tinkering. I just wanted to ask the tech a few questions and get his opinion on what the problem is.

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby plexus » 2014-Aug-Wed-17-Aug

This doesnt sound like a disaster. Sounds like the PSU is working ok. Sounds like *maybe* the PBrd malfunctioned and triggered a shut down on the PSU. Now it sounds like a configutation problem - that the firmware just needs to be set up and the printer needs to be calibrated. sounds like PB acertained that the PSU was ok and thats why they didn't replace it. but they did replace the PBrd.

So you might have to put some effort into getting the right firmware and config into the PBrd and then work from there.

It sucks, yes. But its not atypical for this kind of 3D printer and company.

plexus
Site Admin

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Wed-18-Aug

I think you accidentally read that wrong, "so he sent me a new board and a new psu.". They did replace the psu. The firmware is up to date and set up. I followed the exact directions on the printrbot guide. And the remote tech checked. So I am assuming that makes the rest of that last message inaccurate?

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby plexus » 2014-Aug-Wed-18-Aug

seems like pbhq satisfied their obligations. its sucks and is frustrating but remember its a complex tool, not an appliance. hope you get things sorted soon.

plexus
Site Admin

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Wed-18-Aug

I agree they did decent. It's just the fact my flippin ticket was closed and responded to by someone who isn't involved and I didn't even get a response from the original tech and dave.

David@Printrbot - any new information? :)

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Aug-Wed-19-Aug

Not yet. I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Thu-09-Aug

On here or by email? Thanks again David! :)

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Aug-Thu-12-Aug

I guess here so that we can put this thread to bed.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby ei8htohms » 2014-Aug-Thu-21-Aug

The pb probe is powered by the end stop leads at (nominally) 5V and most folks have good luck with the probe at that voltage even though they are spec'd for 6V min. If you're reading something in the 4V+ range (I don't think you're reading 4.00V, are you rounding or is your meter?) then it sounds like it might be correct. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Printrbot GO v.1 - steampunk
Auto bed compensation via endstop wired bed mounts
Thrust bearings and Oldham couplers for the
8mm Igus trapezoidal leadscrews w/
Igus DryLin nuts
PB LCD/encoder
GT2 belts
X and Y motors upgraded to Kysans
Twin 30mm fans

ei8htohms
ACME leadscrew

Postby thawkins » 2014-Aug-Thu-22-Aug

Jonbot+
225mm x 200mm - Heated Bed
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 1.1.0
Full Graphic display.
-------------------------------
Zen Toolworks CNC/3d printer
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 0.98
Flashforge 3d Creator Pro
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
Mightyboard rev e, runnimg Sailfish 7.7r1234
Photon, self designed printed printer.
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Fri-12-Aug

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby thawkins » 2014-Aug-Fri-23-Aug

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jonbot+
Full Graphic display.
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Mon-13-Aug

So continuity testing with my multimeter! I will post my results soon, thanks thawkins!!!

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Aug-Mon-15-Aug

I see the notes in the ticket that they are sending you the following:

Induction Sensor with Power Injector

In the future, please simply reply to any support ticket via email and it will re-open the case even when it has been closed.

Thanks.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby thawkins » 2014-Aug-Mon-18-Aug

Jonbot+
Full Graphic display.
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Tue-16-Aug

Don't worry haha, I have been using the DC setting to check voltages on dc not continuity setting, I was just trying to make a reference. I mean't I was just checking to see if the voltage drops when I add a load. (only sixteen, not engineer. But will be going to college for EE :) )

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Tue-16-Aug

David@printrbot,

I appreciate your help a lot!

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby thawkins » 2014-Aug-Tue-20-Aug

Jonbot+
Full Graphic display.
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Aug-Wed-10-Aug

They are sending me a power injector + new sensor thankfully. Hopefully this fixes all the problems

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Sep-Sun-13-Sep

if I post a picture of a print would it be easy to say what the issue is if it is a good picture with a professional camera?

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby RetireeJay » 2014-Sep-Sun-15-Sep

We can't be sure, but go ahead and post the picture. Sometimes even poor-quality pictures tell enough of the story.

Here's how to post pictures: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6771

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
"My next printer is..." Prusa i3 MK3, upgraded to MK3S
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Sep-Sun-19-Sep

Here are some photos of a cube with a bad smartphone camera. Any suggestions on what I should do :)?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Sep-Mon-20-Sep

I am not sure what the problem could be with that?

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby RetireeJay » 2014-Sep-Mon-20-Sep

I guess you'll have to tells us exactly what it is you don't like about the part you show in the pictures. In general, it looks pretty good.

GT2 belts & pulleys
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby thawkins » 2014-Sep-Mon-23-Sep

Jonbot+
Full Graphic display.
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Sep-Tue-15-Sep

Ahh, that is what I hated was the rippling. I slowed it down in repetier to 60 for speed. Will slowing it down stop that rippling effect? I would like to achieve a non warped super straight print that has no wave marks. Also can someone tell me if their is a quality gain between slic3r, skienforge, or curaengine on the new repetier? I really like cura's speed so if their is none I will switch to cura engine. :)

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby thawkins » 2014-Sep-Tue-16-Sep

Jonbot+
Full Graphic display.
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Sep-Tue-21-Sep

@caleb

So at this point I assume we shipped you new parts and all is well? If so, I think we can close out this thread.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Sep-Tue-22-Sep

Just got parts for printer

Last edited by caleb12134 on 2014-Sep-Sat-02-Sep, edited 2 times in total.
caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby RetireeJay » 2014-Sep-Wed-07-Sep

Caleb,

If you think it appropriate, you can go back to your original post and you can edit the subject line. For example, frequently people add "[Solved]" at the end of the subject line so that people who have been following the thread can easily identify it - but also understand the status.

:)
RJ

GT2 belts & pulleys
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Re: My BAD experience with printrbot. [Solved. Barely.]

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Sep-Sat-00-Sep

But the first thing that should have been done was replace the printer with a new one. The PSU blew, with could have caused each and every electronic device to get over its voltage and current ratings, ruining it. But they did exceptional (wish it would have been a simple ship back and get a new one), but for all the things that happened they did very good, replacement parts with free shipping (would have been cheaper to ship back and get a new printer with guaranteed integrity), and decent technical support. But I certainly would not have been where I am now without thawkins, david, and retireejay. Thank you guys for all the help.

Last edited by caleb12134 on 2014-Sep-Sun-17-Sep, edited 1 time in total.
caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Re: My BAD experience with printrbot. [Solved.]

Postby plexus » 2014-Sep-Sat-13-Sep

Wow I missed alot here. glad it turned out! wow you are printing! and the print is pretty good. i mean that ripple is tweeking. you are at the tweeking stage! nice job.

This is a good time to go back through the thread and give people a thumbs-up rep. I think thawkins and david@printrbot deserve kudos for their help. and retiryjay of course as always! enjoy the printer!

plexus
Site Admin

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Sep-Sun-18-Sep

But they did exceptional (wish it would have been a simple ship back and get a new one), but for all the things that happened they did very good, replacement parts with free shipping (would have been cheaper to ship back and get a new printer with guaranteed integrity), and decent technical support. But I certainly would not have been where I am now without thawkins, david, and retireejay. Thank you guys for all the help.

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby philiplubin » 2014-Oct-Wed-09-Oct

I'm in a similar position of total disappointment with my experience. Here's the thing, although Printrbot does not guarantee their compatibility with any of the software, what about the firmware? Additionally the auto-level has so many posts and the solutions I received and followed were incorrect. When I have time I'll contact MCM electronics but I had really hoped Printrbot would step up. What follows is my email thread with Dave. Honestly, is it wrong of me to ask him to stand behind the product? Especially concerning auto-level, extruder height instructions that don't work and being unable to utilize the full bed size when all the settings were per the set up guide?

Dave -pb (Printrbot)
Oct 21 13:07
Philip, I am sorry to hear that you are so disappointed. We have offered suggestions to help you use your assembled Plus at every request. As this was an assembled unit, we are confident that it was not defective upon leaving our shop. If you feel that you need to pursue a return with MCM, you are welcome to do so assuming you are within their return policy terms.
thank you,
Dave -pb

Philip
Oct 21 08:45
This is a follow-up to your previous request #5342 "Extruder height and self le..."
Dave, et al.
I can’t tell you how disappointed I am at this point.
Tickets should not be closed after 3 days of no response. Some of us are busy,
The problems:
The info you sent is not accurate. There is a command line in repetier, it is in manual tab. But the log must be toggled in order to see it.
I was able to finally get the extruder low enough, but only after raising the probe significantly higher than 1 mm. No spacer was sent with my unit.
I used a feeler gauge to set the probe at 1 mm and the Z end stop command was triggered. Subsequently I gouged the kapton tape and the bed. Although I was finally able to generate substandard prints I still have problems. Using repetier I cannot get the bed dimensions to respond and all of my prints are sat the back of the bed. I cannot move them with the object placement feature.
I want to be perfectly clear here. I DID NOT PURCHASE THIS PRINTER TO SPEND HOURS TRYING TO GET IT TO WORK!! I purchased it to print my own designs.
This unit is defective. Open source software aside, a manufacturer should provide clear and accurate support and instructions, Again, I do not want to continue spending hours “tweaking” this unit!
I think I will have to flash the firmware in order to correct the bed issue and again, this is far more work than I anticipated.
Thus far your answers are incorrect and the video or written tutorials incomplete. Clearly there are issues as the forums are full of Z axis issue discussions.
What is the next step? Should I return this $1000 dollar unit? This is not how I want to spend my time.
At the very least I need:
• A replacement bed.
• A few kapton tape squares.
• An extra extruder in case the gouging has distorted it
• Clear info on how to get the complete printing area
Please respond ASAP. My next step is to contact MCM electronics for a return and full refund and to also start posting in all the forums about these problems. This is not user error, it is the result of poor info, incorrect firmware and lousy QC.
I’m open to hearing how you’d like to handle this but the above items are the minimum requirements for my satisfaction. Please forward this to somebody at Printrbot with the knowledge and authority to get this accomplished.
Anxiously awaiting your reply,
Phil
Philip Lubin
Designer/General Contractor

Dave -pb (Printrbot)
Oct 07 15:22
The new repetier does not have a command line like the previous versions, so they are having the user us the EEPROM configuration. This works most of the time (unfortunately). Try clicking on the "Config" tab at the top and click on the "Firmware EEPROM Configuration" tab. This should allow you to send commands pretty easily. Another program to use is pronterface. This is a pretty easy program to change your firmware settings.
To calibrate your auto level sensor, here are the step by step instructions. Here again it contains the Simple Metal, but the steps are the same.

Basically, what you are doing is lowering the hot end tip to touch the bed. From there you adjust you sensor 1mm above the bed. You will run a basic print and after seeing the height of your print at the first layer, you want to adjust the tip of the extruder closer to the bed until you reach the desire layer height. From M212 z0 you will adjust .2mm increments in the negative direction until you reach the right layer height. Example M212 X-25 Y0 Z-.6. Once you set this as desired, you will never have to do it again unless your probe or your hot end shifts. So if your first layer height is .1 or .3 it will adjust itself.
Steps:
1- Type in your M212 setting "M212 z-__"
2- Type "M500" to save your settings
3- Type "M501" to see your settings
Every time you slice an .stl, you will want to out this in your "start G-Code" tab:
G28 X0 Y0 Z0
G29
This will, at the start of your print, home in the X, Y and Z directions, as well as probe your bed before the print.
Hope this works for you, good luck on getting that first print!

Philip
Oct 06 18:37
Sirs et al, disappointed by your previous response. There is no specific command line in repetier 1.05, the current version. Slic3r does have a gcode editor, and I’ve tried inserting the M commands to no avail. The video tutorial has a mac interface and an older version of repetier. Really, you’d think that if someone purchases a Printrbot plus, there would be better documentation. Here’s what I’d like to know:
How to calibrate the auto level sensor and extruder height.
How to change the height above the bed as needed.
How to save these settings.
I see that the g29 command is in the “first cube” file. Shouldn’t that run every print? If you notice I had a damaged unit on delivery, that’s been handled on another ticket. Obviously the unit was out of adjustment from the damage. Although I’m a relative beginner, I don’t think learning basic functions should have such a steep learning curve. I’ve yet to have a successful print. Additionally, video tutorials are better supplemented by step by step documentation, especially when containing screen shots.
Looking forward to your help,
Phil
Philip Lubin

Dave -pb (Printrbot)
Oct 03 15:01
Philip, thank you for ordering a Printrbot Plus! I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. You are correct that we do not have a video specific to the Plus, but the principle is the same with this video for the Simple. I apologize if this one that you have already found.

This video shows step by step adjustments through the command window in Repetier. I hope it is helpful.
thanks,
Dave -pb

Philip
Oct 03 07:23
I'm disappointed by the lack of a clear and concise tutorial on how to adjust and save the extruder height above the bed and how to effectively utilize the self leveling probe. Although there are numerous posts and videos, none are specific to the printrbot plus. Additionally they don't address the newest versions of repetier or slic3r.
Please forward links or clear instructions as to extruder height calibration and the self leveling feature, Although I'm somewhat savvy, searching all the possibilities and solutions has not yielded a clear answer.

philiplubin
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Oct-Wed-11-Oct

Sorry to hear you are having so many troubles. Here is the return policy if you feel you need it... http://printrbot.com/support/return-policy/

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby plexus » 2014-Oct-Wed-16-Oct

plexus
Site Admin

Postby Mooselake » 2014-Oct-Wed-18-Oct

I agree with Plexus. Hobby level 3D printing has a steep learning curve, and expecting to unpack it and make production quality parts isn't realistic. If you can't put in the learning time then get a 20K or so Stratasys, then hire somebody to run it for you, as even the big buck machines have their own steep learning curve. You can do high quality work with your Printrbot, but it would take more time than you want to spend.

Sorry you got burned. You're a few years too early for plug and play, but it'll get here.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to General