[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Adding heated bed to printrbot simple metal.

Adding heated bed to printrbot simple metal.

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Jul-Sun-18-Jul

Hi, could I buy a heated bed from printrbot.com and just run the wires to the printrboard and attach the heated bed on top of the metal bed? (so the heated bed is what the plastic sticks to instead of the metal with tape? simple metal model.

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Adding heated bed to printrbot simple metal.

Postby Jdublu » 2014-Jul-Sun-21-Jul

Yes you can, though I put mine under the aluminum build plate. The heater deforms too easily and wont give you a flat build surface.

Metal Simple
E stepper heatsink w/fan
Z axis stepper heatsink w/fan
Extruder fan
Hotbed relay fan
6"x6" Heater board
40 Amp power supply
Matrix-Precision 8" x 8" aluminum bed X-Y upgrade
Matrix-Precision 10" Z axis upgrade
S. Florida
Jdublu
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Jul-Sun-21-Jul

what if I was to put a glass build plate on top? Also on an unrelated note, my prints with my black PLA gstar come out wavy on the bottom and get better near the top? Could this be temperature related? I am at 208 (printrbot suggested)?

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby Defy » 2014-Jul-Sun-22-Jul

I am looking at getting a custom heatbed made that will line up with current holes. Then machining/stripping the powder coat off the current bed. Then you could mount it under without adhesive and such. I have my simple 1405 xl done that way and it works like a champ.

Or i might wait till mach comes out with batch 2 of his xy upgrade.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404704851.358277.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Defy
Printing skirt...

Postby Jdublu » 2014-Jul-Mon-09-Jul

I couldn't get my Z sensor to work properly with glass. It would run the nozzle into the glass before it detected the aluminum bed below. There all all kinds of work arounds.

Check out his viewtopic.php?f=113&t=7251

Metal Simple
E stepper heatsink w/fan
Z axis stepper heatsink w/fan
Extruder fan
Hotbed relay fan
6"x6" Heater board
40 Amp power supply
Matrix-Precision 8" x 8" aluminum bed X-Y upgrade
Matrix-Precision 10" Z axis upgrade
S. Florida
Jdublu
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby teicher » 2014-Jul-Mon-20-Jul

Printrbot is now taking preorders for the official heated bed upgrade. $99.

http://printrbot.com/shop/simple-metal-heated-bed/

Maybe not as fun an rolling your own....

teicher
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby caleb12134 » 2014-Jul-Mon-23-Jul

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!! Printrbot released their new heated bed for printrbot simple metal. It completely replaces the old bed! BUT, they only have it in black which makes absolutely NO SENSE at all.
http://printrbot.com/shop/simple-metal-heated-bed/

caleb12134
I'm an end stop.

Postby Defy » 2014-Jul-Tue-07-Jul

Give it time. They are probably just trying to get it out faster i am sure they will offer the other colors soon after.

Defy
Printing skirt...

Return to General