Will revision of Metal Simple surface within next 6 months?

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby Croctje » 2014-Jul-Wed-21-Jul

Hi,

I was wondering if/when there would be a Metal Simple revision? I recently bought a Simple Maker's, a month after which Printrbot promptly released the new edition (and offered refurbished models), devaluing my printer. I'm paranoid the same thing could happen if I buy a Metal Simple. I realize you just released it 2 months back, but I've noticed there is an average 4-month span b/tw Simple Maker's updates so I suspect at least 1 revision 6 months from now.

Croctje
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Will revision of Metal Simple surface within next 6 mont

Postby David@Printrbot » 2014-Jul-Sun-02-Jul

The only major change that I'm aware of that may be coming soon is a heated bed for the metal Simple. So unless you really want to print in ABS I wouldn't hold off on getting the current model. However... as always, nothing is set in stone with Brook so don't hold me to it.

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Return to General