[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - New Maker's Kit - Open Source DXF?

New Maker's Kit - Open Source DXF?

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby Jon Lawrence » 2014-May-Fri-08-May

Some of you may know I like to modify my Printrbot Simple. With the release of the new Simple Maker's Kit I would like to update some of my mods to fit this exciting new format.

I know Brook is a fan of open source so, are the DXF files going to be released for the 140523 Wood Kit of this new version?

Printrbot Simple V2 born 10/2013 and constantly upgrading.
http://www.thingiverse.com/iamjonlawrence
Jon Lawrence
Calibration mode.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: New Maker's Kit - Open Source DXF?

Postby EddB » 2014-May-Fri-13-May

Not the answer you were looking for....
I've been watching and waiting for the designs of older pb printers and parts to be released and now adding the NEW simple to the list!
It is really exciting being a PB owner when the newest design files are released. Everyone is working on mods and creating new, even unusual ideas and parts. It's the open source design that makes a PB printer and the PB community so different and exciting. No one's printer looks or works like anyone else's .
Open source hardware was absolutely the deciding factor on all my printrbot purchases and seperates PB from the rest. On the edge of my seat waiting for new files and the creative developments/changes that follow!
Ed

Last edited by EddB on 2014-May-Fri-13-May, edited 1 time in total.
Complete printable 1405 Simple https://www.youmagine.com/designs/compl ... s-edition/ or thing:425164

True Wireless Slicing and Printer Cloud+Web Server w/ AstroPrint PcDuino v2

Printrbot Simple 1405 with XL bed and
Printrbot Simple 1311 Printing ABS andPLA on kapton/borosilicate glass
Printrbot XL volume / tower upgrade GT2 X Timing Belts (thing:194686) GT2 Y Timing Belt Mod (thing:194586)
Custom 320 x 230mm aluminum bed frame w/ 3 x 8mm rods
430 watt ATX power upgrade for 8.5" heat bed via SSR
EddB
ACME leadscrew

Postby evanalmighty » 2014-May-Fri-13-May

Maybe I'll take all the measurements before I put the kit together.

evanalmighty
Layer 650 of 1234

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2014-May-Fri-15-May

I myself feel the same as others about open source parts. On my thingiverse account I have taken measurements and created files for the dual extruder beta and the production version (before it went aluminum. )

I try to take any parts I buy to make stls or other files so others can modify or make them for themselves. If others did this then we could modify them all.

Here's an example. We took the pb plus v2 files and adapted them to make a CNC milled aluminum plus that is coming along nicely. We spared no expense using the best parts we could find. It's mods like these and others that make pb awesome.

I'm hoping the new designs are released. I will talk to Brook and others at pb to see if they have a Timeline. Remember these files are open source for non commercial use so be responsible with them.

Twitter: @REPRAPSQUAD
Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:

RepRap Squad's The 1st Simple (XL)
* Custom built that towers over the LC

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
*Dual extruder PB Version (2-Ubis 1.75mm hotends)
*Heavily Modded and all axis extended
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby Threefer3 » 2014-Jun-Sun-17-Jun

I have been working on modeling the 1405 for the purpose of designing upgrades. I couldn't find any source for the digital files except for the PDF that had all the new wood parts to aid in assembly. What I did was convert the pdf file to a dxf file to get the part profiles into cad. I then scaled all the parts using the known NEMA17 stepper motor hole pattern dimensions. I then compared the measurements of the profiles with the actual parts I got with the 1405 upgrade kit. I averaged out 10 different measurements and used that to offset the profiles which I assume is the laser kerf width. I offset the external profiles inward and the inside cutout profiles outward. The profiles were then extruded into solid bodies 5.8mm thick and assembled together. This won't be 100% accurate but taking a few measurements of the assembled CAD and actual parts it looks to be within 0.2mm accurate. It is at least a starting point. I'm also working on the new XL tower upgrade parts as well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Threefer3
Loading filament...

Postby evanalmighty » 2014-Jun-Sun-20-Jun

That's awesome. Good work. I tried doing the same thing by scaling the PDF, but quickly got side tracked and gave up.

evanalmighty
Layer 650 of 1234

Postby brookdrumm » 2014-Jun-Sun-20-Jun

I will release the files very soon- it's a time issue! If I have any volunteers that would like to prepare my files for public release by cleaning them up, adding needed documentation, etc, I would love the help. I want to publish them myself, but am so busy I have trouble finding time for cleanup, etc. I will publish on youmagine

brookdrumm
PBHQ Official

Postby evanalmighty » 2014-Jun-Sun-23-Jun

Let me know what you need done Brook

evanalmighty
Layer 650 of 1234

Postby Ari_Porad » 2014-Jun-Mon-09-Jun

Me too, I very (very) little experience with CAD, but I could try and help with documentation (Word of warning: I might be no use).

Ari_Porad
I'm an end stop.

Postby Threefer3 » 2014-Jun-Mon-22-Jun

I was working on 3D modeling the wood parts for the NEW XL tower upgrade and I couldn't get the top of the tower to line up with the rods no matter how many times I checked my measurements. The holes that the rods are supposed to go through are shifted about 7mm back. I was stumped so I decided to assemble all of the actual wood parts to check their fit and sure enough the holes are off by about 7mm. Can anyone that has the NEW XL tower parts confirm this, maybe I mistakenly got a prototype part that was fixed in a later iteration? Here are some pictures. The pictures are slightly exaggerated because one of the rods pushed off on one of the wood tabs, but when I stack the top and bottom parts together the difference is 7mm.

Threefer3
Loading filament...

Postby greenb » 2014-Jun-Mon-23-Jun

I would be glad to help, here is some work i've done in Autodesk Inventor. This is a prototype quad copter frame that I designed for STEM club.

Printrbot Simple born 4/19/2014
Printrbot Simple Z axis stabilizer, thing:313129, 5/9/2014
Maker’s Upgrade Kit 6/21/2014
greenb
Solid infill...

Postby EddB » 2014-Jun-Fri-18-Jun

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Complete printable 1405 Simple https://www.youmagine.com/designs/compl ... s-edition/ or thing:425164

True Wireless Slicing and Printer Cloud+Web Server w/ AstroPrint PcDuino v2

Printrbot Simple 1405 with XL bed and
Printrbot Simple 1311 Printing ABS andPLA on kapton/borosilicate glass
Printrbot XL volume / tower upgrade GT2 X Timing Belts (thing:194686) GT2 Y Timing Belt Mod (thing:194586)
Custom 320 x 230mm aluminum bed frame w/ 3 x 8mm rods
430 watt ATX power upgrade for 8.5" heat bed via SSR
EddB
ACME leadscrew

Return to General