[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Dual Extruder Upgrade option available

Dual Extruder Upgrade option available

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby redwood » 2013-Dec-Tue-02-Dec

http://printrbot.com/shop/dual-extruder-upgrade/

It is out of beta now. Anyone order one yet?

Last edited by redwood on 2013-Dec-Wed-00-Dec, edited 1 time in total.
Printrbot Plus v2.1
redwood
Printing skirt...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dual Extruder Upgrade option available

Postby Lemm » 2013-Dec-Tue-10-Dec

What's that metal case around the hotends?

Printrbot Jr #11045
ACME TR10x2 Z Rod
GT2 Timing Belt with 20T aluminum pulleys
Octoprint + Raspberry Pi Wireless Printer Server
Printrbot Jr v1 -> v2 upgrade
http://www.thingiverse.com/Lemm
Lemm
ACME leadscrew

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2013-Dec-Tue-10-Dec

It's the mount for the extruders and I believe it's adjustable.

Twitter: @REPRAPSQUAD
Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:

RepRap Squad's The 1st Simple (XL)
* Custom built that towers over the LC

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
*Dual extruder PB Version (2-Ubis 1.75mm hotends)
*Heavily Modded and all axis extended
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Dec-Tue-11-Dec

Yes, it's available and I should probably remove the "beta" from the page name :)

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby Lemm » 2013-Dec-Tue-11-Dec

Do you have more pics of this mount? Looks very interesting

Printrbot Jr #11045
ACME TR10x2 Z Rod
GT2 Timing Belt with 20T aluminum pulleys
Octoprint + Raspberry Pi Wireless Printer Server
Printrbot Jr v1 -> v2 upgrade
http://www.thingiverse.com/Lemm
Lemm
ACME leadscrew

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2013-Dec-Tue-13-Dec

I don't but I can take some as soon as it arrives. I'm assuming that since the production version is out us beta testers will be getting the new version soon.

Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby redwood » 2013-Dec-Tue-13-Dec

I would order one but I'm still waiting for amazon to get some Plus units in to ship me my order. Day 27 now :(

Printrbot Plus v2.1
redwood
Printing skirt...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Dec-Tue-19-Dec

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby redwood » 2013-Dec-Thu-15-Dec

Printrbot Plus v2.1
redwood
Printing skirt...

Postby artem » 2014-Jun-Mon-10-Jun

Is this option not available anymore? I have an LC and I'd love to pop a 2nd extruder on it...

artem
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2014-Jun-Mon-11-Jun

I'm not sure. I think they only have the dual parts for the newest plus. We could always get you a dual extruder setup if you just bought the requires parts.

PC Case Mods 3D printed:

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2014-Jul-Sat-15-Jul

Just an FYI. Printrbot recently released the files for the new plus. I have some stls that I created off of the factory dual extruder setup for the plus. In combination of the two you could easily come up with an affordable dual extruder setup.

PC Case Mods 3D printed:

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby jr57k » 2014-Jul-Mon-17-Jul

So I got mine on my new plus. I'm having a heck of a time getting everything calibrated as the X-Y stops cause the Z auto bed leveler to be off the bed. Since there are NO installation instructions, I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. Has anyone put together an installation guide for a Dual Extruder setup with an autoleveling upgraded X-Z printrbot plus?

Basically I'm tired of slamming the print head into the Al bed. I NEVER had this much trouble with my original LC+.

jr57k
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2014-Jul-Mon-18-Jul

I haven't heard of any successful z-x upgrades done. Let alone one with adding a dual extruder to the mix. I have a plus v2/2.2 hybrid. It started as a plus v2 and then the carriage was changed to the plus 2.1 but with dual extruders. I have the aluminum hotend mounts. I really like this setup as it was well thought out.

I have all the files made into stls for the beta and dual extruder setup for the v2 & v2.1 if you decide to go that route.

PC Case Mods 3D printed:

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby jr57k » 2014-Jul-Tue-11-Jul

I should clarify. I have a two year old LC+. At work, we bought a brand spanking new Plus (with X-Z and autoleveler). I also purchased the new dual extruder from printrbot. From what I gather there is no single set of instructions to install the dual extruder setup on this brand new bot. There are guides for each of the single upgrades (Al exturder on a simple, Auto leveler on a simple, and Dual Extuder guide in wood not the one I have). My main issue is with repetier host (used to use pronterface) and the fact the the new Z level MUST occur somewhere over the printbed. At X and Y home, the autoleveler is floating over one of the Al linear thrust bearing blocks. While I am running the updated firmware for the autoleveler (which I believe causes Z level to occur after X and Y in the middle of the plate, repetier host keeps insisting on Z leveling @ the X and Y home position which simply will not work. Given that there were/are NO instructions on the build out for this combination of parts I'm not even sure I've put it together correctly, let alone set the printer settings in repetier host correctly.

jr57k
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby redwood » 2014-Jul-Tue-11-Jul

There might not be instructions because maybe there were only 2 people who bought it? :lol:

The lack of good feedback on the upgrades has kept me at bay.

Printrbot Plus v2.1
redwood
Printing skirt...

Postby jr57k » 2014-Jul-Tue-15-Jul

I'm not sure how many have sold, but I'm thinking about sticking the original one back on there. I would certainly hold off until someone posts a guide.

jr57k
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2014-Jul-Tue-23-Jul

Another option would be to try and get ahold of Brook via Twitter. If you want to go that route, lemme know as I can help. I talk off and on with people from pb often so I might be able to get you some help or at least some answers. Let me know If I can help in any way.

PC Case Mods 3D printed:

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby jr57k » 2014-Jul-Wed-08-Jul

I would absolutely be up for that. I can even document the process to kickstart a guide on how it's done. What I need is a little personal help from the experts (at least someone who knows how it SHOULD be installed). The only issue I've got is that I'll be on holiday next week so it might not be a great time to start doing this. If you can reach out and suggest it, maybe we can go from there.

jr57k
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2014-Jul-Wed-11-Jul

I sent you a pm with my email. Remind me about it once your back from holiday.

PC Case Mods 3D printed:

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Return to General