[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Z max build Height - Please Help pinpoint the config issue.

Z max build Height - Please Help pinpoint the config issue.

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby xaberx » 2013-Jan-Mon-15-Jan

When I built my printrbot I chose to go with larger rods for Z. The problem I am running into is that my Z build height appears to be limited to roughly 6". I have changed the settings in Prontrface to allow for larger build heights however I still cannot print past this point. Is there a setting I can add to my Gcode to extend the Z build height to the proper size?(im using 32" threaded and smooth rods, though I am only planning on going 24" ). I have measured that the top of the X carriage is exactly 8" from the heat bed when it will not go any further. I believe this to be a setting or configuration issue as my wires are long enough and there is nothing stopping the carriage from moving higher. Please help

Thanks in advance.

Xaberx

xaberx
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Z max build Height - Please Help pinpoint the config is

Postby artem » 2013-Jan-Mon-16-Jan

Just double checking, did you change it in Slic3r too?

artem
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby plexus » 2013-Jan-Mon-16-Jan

plexus
Site Admin

Postby extent » 2013-Jan-Tue-01-Jan

backer #48
extent
Printing skirt...

Postby plexus » 2013-Jan-Tue-09-Jan

plexus
Site Admin

Postby Mooselake » 2013-Jan-Wed-20-Jan

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Jan-Sun-13-Jan

Please give me a clear description of the issue and I will run this by Brook when I am in the shop this week.

Thanks.

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby scantrontb » 2013-Jan-Sun-19-Jan

Don't planto mihi adveho illac
PB+ #786
scantrontb
Can update firmware

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Jan-Sun-19-Jan

@scantrontb - Perfect, thanks.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Feb-Sat-15-Feb

DOH! I forgot about this question this week, sorry! I will be sure to get an answer to this next week.

Thank you for your patience.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby Mnango » 2013-Feb-Sun-09-Feb

I was thinking about this. Why do printrbot hard code soft limits into their firmware in the first place? It makes modifications a nightmare and could easily be solved mechanically by adding a second limit switch at the oposite end of travel on each axis. you wouldn't even need to modify the boards as you can run the switches in parallel on the same axis without making any changes at all. then people could mod their bots as big and as varied as they wanted, and they would only have to move a switch at most.
surely the low cost of a few switches is preferable to the tech support problems this is causing.

just my two sense.

Mnango
Levelling print bed...

Postby scantrontb » 2013-Feb-Mon-02-Feb

Don't planto mihi adveho illac
PB+ #786
scantrontb
Can update firmware

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Feb-Mon-16-Feb

Update: Hoping to get an answer to this possibly today. If not, by end of week for sure.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Feb-Tue-23-Feb

Ok, I discussed this with Brook and he directed me to (Printrboard Designer) who gave the following response...

There is no command in the current Marlin as far as I can tell. The only way I can see to change it is to modify the firmware and reflash the board. I'll look to see how hard it would be to add EEPROM support for it sometime this week if I get some extra time.

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby plexus » 2013-Feb-Tue-23-Feb

plexus
Site Admin

Postby olsonglenn » 2013-Mar-Mon-08-Mar

I have modified my printrbot plus with the Super Z, but the printer still thinks its a regular 200 mm Bot. Does Printrbot have any instructions on changing the firmware?

olsonglenn
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Mar-Tue-21-Mar

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Mar-Fri-12-Mar

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Mar-Mon-22-Mar

Is/Can this new firmware be posted somewhere for download?

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby lwalkera » 2013-Mar-Tue-12-Mar

https://github.com/lwalkera/Marlin/tree/limitsaving Allows dynamic limit setting that's saved to EEPROM.

Laine Walker-Avina
Printrbot Beta-tester and Printrboard Designer
lwalkera
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2013-Mar-Tue-18-Mar

David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Mar-Wed-20-Mar

The configuration.h at https://github.com/lwalkera/Marlin/tree/limitsaving is wrong for the printrboard.

Can printrbot.com load the "official" new hex file on their support page please. The "official" config files would also help those wanting to customise.

Also there seems to be confusion on the correct way to load the firmware; the doco at printrbot.com says to use the Arduino environment, but apparently FLIP is the correct way. So a simple guide to loading the new firmware would also be appreciated

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby lwalkera » 2013-Mar-Thu-18-Mar

You need both; Arduino to build the firmware and FLIP to flash it into the MCU.

Laine Walker-Avina
Printrbot Beta-tester and Printrboard Designer
lwalkera
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Mar-Thu-19-Mar

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby plexus » 2013-Mar-Thu-20-Mar

Getting the Arduino IDE installed to work with Marlin and the Printrboard is NOT as simple as "load arduino and use Flip to flash". LOL! wow...

anyway, you specifically need version 022 of the Arduino IDE (do not try. no other version will work.) then you need to install the teensyduino package that has support for the Printrboard. if you can bother use search because there are detailed posts on this. then you can open Marlin and compile it. use shift+compile for verbose output - the last line where tell you where the firmware file is, Marlin.cpp.hex. Copy it to an easier to use place (desktop) and rename it to what you want. ensure it ends in .hex. then install Flip. put the board in flash mode (again use search) and connect (search again). then load the .hex file into Flip and write to your board using erase, write, verify. ensure all are green. if not try again (and use search). then put the board back into run mode and boot up and connect. if you can connect "messages waiting" then try ensuring your Y is home and the switch is actuated. then try and connect again (used search to find more about this bug).

plexus
Site Admin

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-Mar-Thu-20-Mar

Thanks Plexis. I had searched an found much of what you described. That is why I asked, presuming David@Printrbot is listening, for the new hex file to be posted; it would be a lot simpler.

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew

Postby plexus » 2013-Mar-Thu-20-Mar

plexus
Site Admin

Postby Michael@Oz » 2013-May-Sun-00-May

Image original.
Michael@Oz
ACME leadscrew