[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Ordering problem, no PB support answers [But solved though!]

Ordering problem, no PB support answers [But solved though!]

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Postby llatnik » 2015-Sep-Wed-02-Sep

Hi,

I'be been trying unsuccessfully to place an order for a Printrbot Play, but ive been told that "an error has occurred" which is about the least helpful message possible.
I've lodged support requests and had no human response.

I'm really beginning to think buying anything from this company would be a terrible idea.
Since they seem to not care when i try to give them money, what if they have to make good on a faulty product, is it possible they could ignore me more?

This is really worrying.

Anyone actually from Printrbot on this forum that could help?

[Solved, if your card doesnt work try paypal, and if paypal isnt availabel as an option, re-make your order a couple of times till it is! why? because reasons ]

Last edited by llatnik on 2015-Oct-Thu-04-Oct, edited 1 time in total.
llatnik
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ordering problem, and no response from support requests.

Postby teicher » 2015-Sep-Wed-05-Sep

There is a footer at the bottom of the website that states they are having issues with safari and firefox browsers, and to use chrome instead. Not sure why that is the case. Are you seeing that? Have you tried chrome?

teicher
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby llatnik » 2015-Sep-Wed-06-Sep

I saw that, ( I think it's gone now too) and I tried several browsers on several computers, and none of them worked, but I did find a workaround for the broken ordering;
Opened the three items I wanted to buy in separate tabs, and pressed add to card at almost the same time and they all went in (after a few tries).

This, sadly is a new and different problem.
Well problems I guess, first being I am unable to buy from them, and second that they (printrbot) don't seem terribly interested in that fact.

llatnik
Loading filament...

Postby teicher » 2015-Sep-Wed-06-Sep

OK. I'm not going to apologize for them, but I'm sure they are interested in getting you to buy from them and will take your money. Some of them went to Maker Faire NYC over the weekend so they may have been short staffed for a while. You might try tweeting @printrbot and mentioning your issue, Brook usually replies pretty quickly.

teicher
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby llatnik » 2015-Sep-Wed-06-Sep

see, I would but I cant learn to use twitter, I'm too old.

Ive contacted them by email, forums and reddit.

If typical contact requires a four pronged attack to get an answer then that's super worrying about any future problems that may happen

llatnik
Loading filament...

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Sep-Wed-10-Sep

PB's still a small company, likely the Makerfaire thing has all their resources temporarily tied up. They do seem to love taking money so it'll sort out... Just because you can order (or in this case get order errors) instantly online doesn't mean the non-robots (presumably, although we'll never really know) behind it all are all that instant.

<soapbox> The which browser to use today is due to the current fascination with javas*t over good site design, j*t's varying implementation over different browsers, and lack of testing with the major browsers. It's happened before, think html differences between Netscape 1 and the later IE, CSS problems when it rolled around, etc, etc, and now j*t. It'll happen again. Glitz over function... </soapbox>

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby ktfergus » 2015-Sep-Wed-22-Sep

When are you getting the error & what payment option did you pick? Something similar happened to me this week when I tried to order the v2 extruder using PayPal. I switched to the "amazon" option & the order went thru. (I received the extruder today, so PBHQ definitely isn't a ghost town).

Try a different payment option, if possible, & see if that helps.

-Kelly

PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) ::
PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: 305mm x200mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1505 (Play) :: 100mm x 250mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1503 (Play) :: 100mm x 100mm DIY Heated bed
Latest Project :: Sisyphus Whirligig
ktfergus
Printing skirt...

Postby llatnik » 2015-Oct-Thu-04-Oct

Thanks for the advice, its solved!.

Paypal wasn't showing up for me anymore, and dwolla isn't doable from Australia.

for some reason Paypal isn't available from the order entry in the "my account" page, but it is available from a newly made cart

I re-made the cart as a new order because for some reason you only get one shot at using Paypal per cart.

Still no explanation as to why it simply said "an error has occurred" with my card, but I've gotten a workaround worked around so thankyou for your help everyone.

Printrbot didn't really help so no gratitude for them, but I guess they did however get my money.
I'm really not sure if there's a lesson to be learned from that or not.

llatnik
Loading filament...

Re: Ordering problem, no PB support answers [But solved thou

Postby orangefurball » 2015-Oct-Sun-21-Oct

2 CoreXY Machines 200x200x200/600mm
Cubify Cube3 & Makerbot Replicator Mini

Thingybot Delta Printer
150x150x200mm circular build volume, high precision open source 3D printer.

http://www.thingybot3d.com
orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby llatnik » 2015-Oct-Sun-21-Oct

their twitter says they were

llatnik
Loading filament...

Postby thawkins » 2015-Oct-Sun-22-Oct

Jonbot+
225mm x 200mm - Heated Bed
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 1.1.0
Full Graphic display.
-------------------------------
Zen Toolworks CNC/3d printer
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 0.98
Flashforge 3d Creator Pro
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
Mightyboard rev e, runnimg Sailfish 7.7r1234
Photon, self designed printed printer.
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Oct-Mon-08-Oct

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby David@Printrbot » 2015-Oct-Sun-11-Oct

Sorry to hear about your troubles when trying to order that day. I see that I am late to the party here, but I can shed some light on what the issue was. We were having some server side caching issues with HTTPS pages and this was causing some browsers to drop the transaction. Most likely your browser cache was still holding onto something that prevented you from ordering as we tested before removing the site wide message.

As for reaching out, we now have a link directly related to ordering issues on our support page.

http://www.screencast.com/t/sFIxNmJWCA

Another option is to send a tweet to @PrintrbotTeam on Twitter which I manage or our main @Printrbot account as Brook often sends those to me directly.

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Return to General