Support response time?

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Support response time?

Postby timekiller » 2015-Sep-Wed-12-Sep

Hello,
I submitted a support request about a warped print bed and I'm wondering what the expected response time is. Hoping to get my issue resolved quickly as I have prints I want to do but can't and my printer is less that a week old.

timekiller
Waiting to connect to printer...

Support response time?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Support response time?

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Sep-Wed-12-Sep

FWIW, the few times I've contacted them they get back in a day or two.

While you're waiting you can use a piece of window glass to print on, been using them for years with Elmers Washable School Glue Stick to get the prints to attach. If the warp points up you might need to do a bit of shimming so the glass doesn't wobble. Don't know what model bot you have, so can't recommend binder clips or another way to hold the glass, but tape has been used in the past.

Worst case, see if a local machine shop has a surface grinder and will flatten it, although that might be spendy. I'd just go with the glass. If you're using a probe you'll need to take some care until you get the offset right so you don't drive the probe into the glass.

<sigh> this does feed into the whole discussion about PB's QC practices. Their support is usually very good, and they should make it right without too much hassle.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby timekiller » 2015-Sep-Wed-13-Sep

Thanks for the reply. I have the Simple Metal (Black). I've read that glass prevents the z probe from working because it creates too much distance between the probe and the metal in the bed. Tonight I'll stop at home depot and see if I can pick up some thing glass and cut it down to size.

timekiller

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Sep-Wed-13-Sep

It's been done, although I'm probless and never tried. Iirc some aluminum foil tape in strategic locations (or just aluminum foil under some blue tape) should handle the problem. Hopefully it's only for a short time until PB makes it right.

Wish I could stop at HD on the way home, the nearest is about a hundred miles from the moose swamp.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby timekiller » 2015-Sep-Wed-13-Sep

The foil tape is a great idea! I already have a roll at home (several actually). I'll try putting a bit at the 3 probe points and see if it's enough to set off the Z probe. If not, I'll go with what I was already thinking: a bit of sheet metal. This would effectively mean I can print to the edges, but that's a small trade off for a truly flat surface. Thanks again.

timekiller

Postby David@Printrbot » 2015-Oct-Sun-11-Oct

Broken and/or missing parts are a priority, so I suspect you get the replacement fairly quickly. Typical turn around time for those items is a 1-2 days but often they send them on the same day you submit. Just depends on the amount of tickets for any given day.

Printrbot: Dominate Your Prints!
David@Printrbot
PBHQ Official

Return to General