Y-Z Bearing Blocks

The PBHQ Official Forum should only be used for questions/issues/topics that only PBHQ can answer (eg. order issues, missing parts from your order, any messages directed specifically at PBHQ people, etc). All other questions/issues/topics should be posted in the regular forums.

Y-Z Bearing Blocks

Postby New Passion » 2016-Jun-Fri-19-Jun

Does Printrbot still sell the Y-Z Bearing Blocks. I do not see them for sale on your site anymore, I am not having any problems with mine, just wondering if I ever did, are the Bearings still available.

Mark

New Passion
Waiting for extruder temp...

Y-Z Bearing Blocks

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Y-Z Bearing Blocks

Postby New Passion » 2016-Jul-Sun-15-Jul

Does anyone know if Printrbot still checks this Forum, or should I just create a support ticket to ask the question stated earlier.

New Passion

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jul-Sun-19-Jul

Best to create a ticket directly with Printrbot. Now that they have their own official forum they don't seem to show up here very often. David@Printrbot last logged in in October of 2015 - you can look at anyone's profile and see the last time they visited the forum.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby New Passion » 2016-Jul-Mon-12-Jul

Thanks Kirk,

I'll go create a ticket.

Mark

New Passion

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Jul-Mon-13-Jul

I poked around in the store at Printrbot.com, and found bearing blocks, but they ask for a password before viewing. No idea what that's about.

A lot of models use stock linear bearings, LMxxUU or LMxxLUU (the xx is the diameter in mm), but some require special press-in bearings. It's been discussed here before, so try searching for your model and bearings.

I still have the original LM12UUs in my KCSP, bought a spare set when I first got it since the originals were sticky but cleaning and relubing fixed it and the replacements are in the spare parts box. Keep your rods clean and regularly lubed, and since the Z bearings don't get a lot of use they should last a very long time. OTOH, the X and Y bearings don't last as long, and my X and Y bearings have been replaced, the X axis twice, in the 4 years I've had it.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby New Passion » 2016-Jul-Mon-14-Jul

I guess I should have ordered an extra set when I had the chance. I lubricate all my rods and the Z-nut threads with Labelle 106 grease with PTFE it is safe for metal and plastic, they use it for model trains so I figured it should be safe on my bearings and Z-Nut. On my Simple metal the Y bearings and Z bearings are pressed into an aluminum block, I do not have a press or access to one, my X axis bearings are LM8UU bearings which I can find a source for. Well I just left Printrbots zendesk, I was searching for bearings when a Chat tab popped up, so I clicked and was able to chat with someone at Printrbot ( that was great and new to me) he told me If I needed a set they would one time sell me a set. I told him I am not having any issues, but it was good to know If I needed a set, Printrbot would sell me a set. I am seriously thinking of just ordering a set, It looks like the new printer uses 12mm Linear rails on all axis and I assume the 12mm Linear rail bearing cart, which looks like a good thing, but right now I am totally happy with my Simple Metal.

New Passion

Return to General