[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - OpenBeam 1.4

OpenBeam 1.4

OpenBeam 1.4

Postby Guyverblue » 2013-Oct-Tue-18-Oct

Below are the first pictures of my - mostly - finished OB1.4. I used a PrintrBoard for the the electronics. A PrintrBot directdrive extruder with a 3mm hotend - not tested yet, which is why I say 'mostly finished'. The enstops are from Printrbot. Motors, belts & pulleys from Ultimachine. Though I did replace the Y motor pulley with a 36 tooth pulley from Adafruit. The X axis endstop bracket is adapted from Hossmachine's supersized OB1.4. The Z axis endstop bracket is also adapted from Hossmachine. The extruder is adapted from the OB1.4 extruder.
All parts were printed on my Printrbot Jr. v1 using Ultimachine natural PLA. Including the Y carriage, which I broke into 2 pieces using Tinkercad and glued together with Loctite super glue. Once I get the printer working, the first business is to print a new one-piece Y carriage.
10-1-2013 072.JPG
10-1-2013 073.JPG
10-1-2013 074.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Printrbot Jr
OB 1.4
Prusa I3
Fredericktown, Missouri - USA
Guyverblue
Waiting for extruder temp...

OpenBeam 1.4

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: OpenBeam 1.4

Postby Mochaboy » 2013-Oct-Thu-10-Oct

Congratulations on your OB1.4 - that design caught my eye as well.

Are you going to run 2 printers or move your Junior hardware to the OB?

What did the hardware run you cost wise?

Octoprint + Raspberry Pi Wireless Printer Server
Printrbot Jr born 6/13
Brass M8 Threaded Z Rod
Tool less belt tensioners
Aluminum print plate
GT2 Timing Belt and 20T aluminum pulleys

Mochaboy
Print winner 1st
Print winner 1st

Postby Guyverblue » 2013-Oct-Thu-21-Oct

I intend to run both printers. I bought all new hardware for the OB.
I haven't kept good track of what I have spent on the OB. I need to set down and tally it all up but I can guess $600+.

Printrbot Jr
OB 1.4
Prusa I3
Guyverblue

Postby Guyverblue » 2013-Oct-Sat-16-Oct

Well, I sat down today and added everything up on the cost of the OB1.4
I have spent $790.
A bit more than I expected but not too bad. This includes the total cost of the Openbeam from Amazon, not just the pieces I used. Also I overbought on some small incidental items; screws, bolts, washers, drill bits.

Printrbot Jr
OB 1.4
Prusa I3
Guyverblue

Return to Showcase