[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Rostock printing

Rostock printing

Rostock printing

Postby shai » 2013-Jan-Tue-23-Jan

Haven't been on here in a while. But I thought I'd show you guys what I have been up to lately. Finished building my own design of the Rostock and I have to tell you guys, this thing is absolutely amazing. its fast, cheaper than the LC and amazing resolution!

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRB9ePQJWn0
And check out the cool video of it printing a chair the size of a penny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf3KAPPQ_Ws

I have more videos on my channel if you'd like to check it out. I always print 0.2mm layer height.

Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Rostock printing

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Rostock printing

Postby mdfast1 » 2013-Jan-Wed-10-Jan

Thanks for following up, I've been interested to see it printing. You say it's cheaper and amazing resolution compared to the LC which is great, but what are some drawbacks. I would assume natural squares and right angles could be tougher for this type of printer, is there anything the printrbot seems to handle better or is the rocstock a wholesale upgrade on every front? Where did you source your parts from and how much cheaper then the LC was it? I'm looking to move up from the printrbot eventually to a more detailed printing machine that maintains structural integrity (IE not Laser Sintering yet) and I see the rostock as a potential option, but doesn't seem like that much of a jump.

Printrbot Simple Metal - RED -
UBIS 13

Printrbot LC+ - Operational

Printrbot Original- Donated
GT2 - 20 Tooth Pulleys
GT2 Belts
Brass Threaded Rods
Spur Gears from drawcut
.35mm nozzle
mdfast1
Layer 650 of 1234

Postby shai » 2013-Jan-Wed-14-Jan

It's capable of printing everything just fine, including squares/circles etc.. It's a bit of a hassle calibrating it because it has three towers to calibrate at once, but once you get past that its all smooth sailing.

Its better for a number of reasons. It doesn't have any backlash at all. Especially if you go with the Kossel which is Johann's (the creator of the rostock) new model of the rostock using fishing line instead of belts. I'm using fishing line for mine. I don't have any backlash at all and its extremely accurate as well because I use a bowden setup instead of putting the motor on the hotend. Its easy to expand and pretty cheap to build. For the Kossel you pretty much only need aluminum extrusions and the rest of the stuff you print out yourself.

Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Postby plexus » 2013-Jan-Wed-15-Jan

I created this new showcase forum for posts like yours shai. keep on sharing! woud love to see some high quality photos of prints from your Rostock!

plexus
Site Admin

Postby shai » 2013-Jan-Wed-15-Jan

Here are some high res photos on my photo stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89687165@N06/

Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2013-Apr-Sun-12-Apr

Hey shai, where sis you get the plans for your Rostock build. Its exactly what I've been looking for. I would like to build it but I can only find the metal brackets or the one that is just held up with rods which I don't like. Can you give me some info and point me in the right direction. Thanks and great build!

Twitter: @REPRAPSQUAD
Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:

RepRap Squad's The 1st Simple (XL)
* Custom built that towers over the LC

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
*Dual extruder PB Version (2-Ubis 1.75mm hotends)
*Heavily Modded and all axis extended
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby shai » 2013-Jun-Wed-12-Jun

Sorry for the late reply! I've been on the Rostock forums lately instead https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/deltabot

That printer I custom designed, but I'm now working on a second version that is much better and super easy to assemble from lasercut wood. Check out the attached image.

DeltaMini.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2013-Jun-Wed-12-Jun

Nice I like the design. We've started building a some what similar design. I am building it with some kids from donated parts. Keep in contact cause this is my first rostock style build and im sure il have questions in the future. Thanks for posting, any pointers, problems you've had to overcome etc would be helpful.

Twitter: @REPRAPSQUAD
Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:

RepRap Squad's The 1st Simple (XL)
* Custom built that towers over the LC

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
*Dual extruder PB Version (2-Ubis 1.75mm hotends)
*Heavily Modded and all axis extended
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby shai » 2013-Jun-Thu-13-Jun

Hey guys, check out the new updated design! I've designed it with minimal parts and to fit like a puzzle piece. Which as a result drives the cost way down. I'm going to assemble one soon and post more pics!

You can find out more at http://www.Deltaprintr.com , we're going to launch a kickstarter probably to help drive down the cost even more! Make sure you click the pics to view them in large format.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Postby shai » 2013-Jun-Fri-15-Jun

I assembled it yesterday and it's almost ready to print! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Postby Mooselake » 2013-Jun-Sun-14-Jun

Check out the . Similar to a rostock but simpler and fewer parts.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby owens » 2013-Jun-Mon-09-Jun

owens
Support material...

Postby shai » 2013-Jun-Sat-23-Jun

Check it out guys! Almost fully assembled! Make sure you sign up at , I'll be releasing a video of it printing soon!

Set Photo3.png

photo2.JPG

Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Postby shai » 2013-Jul-Mon-21-Jul

First test print!

Printed Sample.jpg

Backer # 1,612
shai
Solid infill...

Return to Showcase