The Diamond Hotend - 3x color mixing

Talk generally about other printers

Postby PxT » 2015-Apr-Tue-10-Apr

Interesting new hotend design, actually just a new nozzle which can interface with a triple E3D setup.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wr ... ?ref=users

PxT
Print complete...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The Diamond Hotend - 3x color mixing

Postby frankv » 2015-Apr-Tue-13-Apr

Yes, I was quite tempted by that.

I guess that the colour mixing is controlled by the extruder motors extending and retracting filament. I wonder how much lag there is between ordering a colour change and it actually happening?

frankv
First blob a success!

Postby MrAlvin » 2015-Apr-Thu-08-Apr

FYI Michael Holm has been doing some testing. Look at facebook, group: Diamond Hotend where Michael has linked/uploaded videos of some of his tests. (sorry for no direct link. I am too new to this forum, for the forum to allow me to post links yet).

To be more specific, there is a small lack between color changes. The color change can be done on a sacrificial square, rim or as part of the infill.

How do I know this? I am a member of the hackerspace Labitat in copenhagen where Michael is also a member. The developers of the Diamond Hotend are also members of the Labitat hackerspace.
There is however no business affiliation between either of us. That is between, Labitat, Michael, Me or the Developers. We ARE however long time hacker friends :-) And Micheal was the first to repstrap a RepRap Mendel, outside of Bath University, back in 2009-2010. Two weeks later tonokip also had a working RepRap Mendel. The rest is history, as they say.

MrAlvin
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby PxT » 2015-Apr-Thu-10-Apr

PxT
Print complete...

Return to General