PrintToPeer announces stretch goals, free demo

Talk generally about other printers

Postby tombielecki » 2014-May-Thu-20-May

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the guys from the PrintToPeer project on Indiegogo. We are supporting the adoption of Raspberry Pi by using it as a 3D print server for your Printrbot.
We are a high performance Octoprint/BotQueue alternative that supports multiple Printrbots from one Raspberry Pi, queueing, cloud slicing, and now announcing two big stretch goals:
* Sketchup Integration - print directly from the sketchup interface, even to a print queue that is shared between several people. Great for schools and offices!
* Thingiverse Integration - print directly from Thingiverse with a Chrome extension. Basically we add a print button to each STL download on the site.

Because it's a hosted cloud platform, you can log in from anywhere to access your slicer profiles or to check up on the print, it's fast, and it's secure by default. By tracking failure rates for prints we think we can figure out which slicer settings are the most reliable and recommend those to people who are having a hard time. Plus we want to include tutorials and walkthroughs for things like calibrating the Printrbot, or changing the filament.

If you've already got a Raspberry Pi, shoot me an email and I'll hook you up with a free preview: tom at printtopeer

Do you have any feedback or questions for me? I'll stick around and answer anything.

Thanks

tombielecki
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: PrintToPeer announces stretch goals, free demo

Postby evanalmighty » 2014-May-Thu-21-May

I'd like to demo this. Let me know how to proceed.

evanalmighty
Layer 650 of 1234

Re: PrintToPeer announces stretch goals, free demo

Postby tombielecki » 2014-May-Thu-23-May

evanalmighty wrote:I'd like to demo this. Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks, I can't type out the email address because I'm a new user. tom at printtopeer dot calm

tombielecki
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to General