[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Thingybot Delta 3D Printer - Now Funding on Kickstarter (Aga

Thingybot Delta 3D Printer - Now Funding on Kickstarter (Aga

Talk generally about other printers

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Feb-Mon-11-Feb

Hello all!

After a short break to get some things in order and create a campaign video, I am back with the Thingybot once again!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... -printer-0

Most of the information is on the Kickstarter page, but if anyone is wants to know anything more about the Thingybot feel free to ask away!

2 CoreXY Machines 200x200x200/600mm
Cubify Cube3 & Makerbot Replicator Mini

Thingybot Delta Printer
150x150x200mm circular build volume, high precision open source 3D printer.

http://www.thingybot3d.com
orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Thingybot Delta 3D Printer - Now Funding on Kickstarter

Postby frankv » 2016-Feb-Mon-13-Feb

Ships only to the US :(

Any chance of a flat-pack kit version that ships to the rest of the world?

frankv
First blob a success!

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Feb-Mon-14-Feb

There's a serous whine in the video - I suspect it's the E3D fan, but it's a distraction and very annoying (look at the recommendation to pry off the sticker and use a little silicone. There's too many filler words (something, everything, really) in the discussion, makes it look more amateurish.

Still wish it was a bigger print volume, and ran a faster speeds. Our high school's locally build plywood deltas print at 100mm/sec, and the latest version uses BBBs.

Of course I then shoot myself in the hoof by supporting it. Darn, only #3 this time. I will not be getting the pink version, clashes with my hide. Where's the dual extruder option, will you be releasing it later? I'll have a couple PB beta gearhead extruders once I put the Wades back on the KSCP, maybe a Kraken mount?

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Creality Ender 3 Pro 12/2019
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Feb-Mon-19-Feb

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Feb-Tue-00-Feb

I totally forgot about your comment on the printing speed, Moose. The 80mm/s cap was sort of a safe number. I had printed at 100mm/s with no issues but didn't want to over-promise so I chose to keep it at a conservative 80. Basically you can definitely go higher than 80mm/s!

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Feb-Tue-22-Feb

Just updated the post to include shipping to Canada. More countries will be added as I price them out.

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby zachnfine » 2016-Feb-Wed-19-Feb

Any chance you could offer more explanation on the use of magnets to reduce backlash? It's not immediately obvious to me how that works.

zachnfine
I'm an end stop.

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Feb-Thu-00-Feb

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Feb-Thu-03-Feb

Just thought I would make a quick post that Thingybot is now funded! There are still 20 days left in the campaign, but it has already reached the goal.

Stretch goal announcements will happen soon! Thank you for the support everyone!

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Feb-Thu-12-Feb

Congratulations, Matt! Looks like all of the non-Pluses went at once.

While a BBB or smoothieboard might be an interesting stretch goal, how about more LEDs along with a . Old moose eyes need more light than you youngsters.

KIrk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Feb-Thu-12-Feb

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Mar-Wed-13-Mar

Looks like you really made it! I've got a mini-spool of Moose Brown filament just waiting to go in a well lit up TB

Kirk

edit: just got the questionnaire. Too many choices, who would order anything but orange from an orange furball? Maybe solid and translucent orange and leave it at that? :)

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Mar-Wed-17-Mar

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Mar-Wed-11-Mar

Is Goliath working non-stop printing out those orange Thingybot parts? Customization takes time (orange, of course, is the standard), so all those non-standard colors can wait :)

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Mar-Wed-16-Mar

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Mar-Wed-18-Mar

Eagerly waiting :)

You should dig up a test program and run a burn-in test on those Megas and RAMPS boards while you're waiting for all the parts to roll in, weed out the infant mortaiity failures early.

Kirk

Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Mar-Wed-22-Mar

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby orangefurball » 2016-Apr-Mon-22-Apr

Hey everyone,

Just figured I'd post here that the Thingybot Delta is available for pre-order now! Here's the link; http://www.thingybot3d.com/store/p2/Thi ... order.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Return to General