Hello to the forum

Introduce yourself, say hello, talk about your printrbot stories

Hello to the forum

Postby erg322 » 2016-Dec-Thu-18-Dec

Hello to everyone, I'm ERG from Australia and I'm in the process of getting a 3D printer going. I have all the hardware down pat and I have the firmware (mega2560 and Ramps 1.4 with 12864 display) arriving soon as a Christmas present(I was a good boy this year).

To be honest I'm out of my depth in places with things I've been doing in advance.

I've tried compiling Marlin(I am a C/C++ rank amateur as I leant Basic as a kid and did Pascal at university) and I keep getting errors when I do it even with the stable version. It's me...I have to overcome the problem I'm creating so there is work and reading to be done.

I have tinkered with few 3D editors and an .stl editor and I'm not getting success at "understanding the process". Leave for later.

Anyway you can see why I have come for commiseration with others going through the process of getting a 3D printer running and I might ask a question or so to get over the "humps".

Thank heaven for places like Thingiverse so I have resource files and people providing 3D files I can tweak a few values and put them through Openscad for even more resources.

So before I go any further I must thank ANYONE and EVERYONE in advance that provides maybe abstract help from something they say to some other member or who does an RTFM reply on me and explains what I did wrong.

Many thanks again and a Merry Christmas,
ERG

erg322
Waiting to connect to printer...

Hello to the forum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hello to the forum

Postby plexus » 2016-Dec-Fri-01-Dec

Welcome!

You could go through the troubleshooting forums starting from the beginning. If you spend time reading through them you will glean important information because there were many people in your situation in those early days and we all were helping each other on here.

Good luck!

plexus
Site Admin

Re: Hello to the forum

Postby erg322 » 2016-Dec-Fri-22-Dec

Many thanks plexus for the advice

Erg

erg322
Waiting to connect to printer...

Return to Welcome, introductions and stories