Thingiverse - Slow, laggy

Postby Corey Warren » 2015-Mar-Thu-19-Mar

Does anyone else have issues with the Thingiverse site getting slow and laggy? I almost solely use Firefox to browse the Thingiverse, but, I've noticed the same slowness now matter what browser I'm using.

And based on this issue I did some testing to try to determine which browser uses the least amount of memory and surprisingly I found that IE uses the least amount.

Corey Warren
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Thingiverse - Slow, laggy

Postby Chris Knowlton » 2015-Jun-Sun-21-Jun

My issue with Thingiverse is that whenever I choose to look at an item and then try to go back to continue my search, I am taken back to the start of the first page, then I have to scroll through all the same items to get back to where I was.

Chris

Chris Knowlton
Levelling print bed...

Postby cacb » 2015-Jun-Mon-04-Jun

Corey Warren wrote:Does anyone else have issues with the Thingiverse site getting slow and laggy? I almost solely use Firefox to browse the Thingiverse, but, I've noticed the same slowness now matter what browser I'm using.

And based on this issue I did some testing to try to determine which browser uses the least amount of memory and surprisingly I found that IE uses the least amount.

Yes, it eats memory like mad. Thingiverse is very slow indeed. You have to clear the memory buffer in Firefox frequently.
FF on Windows: Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network
FF on Linux: Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Network

There is a more lightweight interface at http://thingiverse.soup.io/ with some of the latest things.

Printrbot Simple Metal Kit + heated bed upgrade. KISSlicer (Kubuntu/Win7), OctoPrint (wireless Raspberry Pi model B) - http://arnholm.org/
cacb
Support material...

Postby IB3D » 2015-Jun-Mon-12-Jun

Chris Knowlton wrote:My issue with Thingiverse is that whenever I choose to look at an item and then try to go back to continue my search, I am taken back to the start of the first page, then I have to scroll through all the same items to get back to where I was.

Chris

That or with IE I'd find it wouldn't allow me to go back after viewing an item. Have since switched to Chrome for viewing Thingiverse and am having better results. Now if Thingiverse could just find a way to eliminate the recent influx of spam postings.

IB3D
Waiting for extruder temp...

Return to Reviews (anything)