Ordering directly from printrbot?

Postby the.ronin » 2015-Mar-Fri-11-Mar

Anyone order any of the kits directly from printrbot? I was curious how accurate those lead times are. I ordered a metal upgrade kit and it has a 2-3 week lead time. When I wrote to tell them I had one of the faulty 4-pin molex connectors, I received a replacement in just a couple days although I am also in California. Thanks for any feedback.

the.ronin
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ordering directly from printrbot?

Postby IB3D » 2015-Mar-Fri-14-Mar

the.ronin wrote:Anyone order any of the kits directly from printrbot? I was curious how accurate those lead times are. I ordered a metal upgrade kit and it has a 2-3 week lead time. When I wrote to tell them I had one of the faulty 4-pin molex connectors, I received a replacement in just a couple days although I am also in California. Thanks for any feedback.

Ordered a Simple Metal kit (package deal) the week prior to Christmas and found the actual ship date to be better than forecast.

IB3D
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby the.ronin » 2015-Mar-Fri-16-Mar

Thanks for the feedback. Im itching to upgrade to the metal.

the.ronin

Postby teicher » 2015-Mar-Fri-21-Mar

Honestly, the estimated times can vary quite a bit. A lot of us waited for nearly a month to get parts we ordered on Black Friday, other times the parts show up quickly. I suspect the lead time you are seeing is more accurate, I think PBHQ heard the message that it's better to give long or no lead times for out of stock parts, rather than false info.

teicher
Layer 300 of 1234

Postby MV10 » 2015-Mar-Sat-07-Mar

My pre-built Metal Plus heated arrived slightly earlier than estimated.

MV10
Levelling print bed...

Postby the.ronin » 2015-Mar-Sun-10-Mar

My metal upgrade just shipped a few days before the 2 week mark!! :D

the.ronin

Postby cacb » 2015-Mar-Sun-16-Mar

You guys are lucky. I live in Norway and ordered my Simple Metal from RoboSavvy in the UK (no local dealer here) on Feb 2nd. I was told "2-3 weeks" for shipping as they didn't have the heated bed I ordered in stock. It turnes out it was literally "shipped" from the US, so after almost 7 weeks, the unit was finally delivered to the agreed UK address March 20. I am not happy after being treated that way. It has now been sent (privately) to me from there, but it hasn't arrived so far. I am crossing my fingers that it arrives before the easter holidays. So I really think you guys have it easy :-)

Printrbot Simple Metal Kit + heated bed upgrade. KISSlicer (Kubuntu/Win7), OctoPrint (wireless Raspberry Pi model B) - http://arnholm.org/
cacb
Support material...

Postby MV10 » 2015-Apr-Wed-06-Apr

Support told me to order some parts on the 24th -- they arrived on the 31st -- only 7 days.
Come to think of it, it was really more like 6 days, I ordered pretty late in the evening on the 24th.

However, I ordered some T-Glase filament a few weeks earlier, and delivery took nearly three weeks.

On average, two weeks is looking about right.

MV10
Levelling print bed...

Return to Merchant feedback (good and bad)