MCM Electronics

MCM Electronics

Postby rotus8 » 2014-Jan-Sat-00-Jan

Has anyone had experience with mcmelectronics.com? I am thinking of placing an order with them and looking for some reputation information.

rotus8
Waiting to connect to printer...

MCM Electronics

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: MCM Electronics

Postby rotus8 » 2014-Mar-Wed-13-Mar

Well, I went ahead and placed an order and my advice is: RUN AWAY AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS VENDOR!

I placed my order mid January. I did notice that the website said that orders were non-cancelable; this should have been a big warning but I proceeded anyway. On February 18th I received an email stating my order was shipped, giving a UPS tracking number. My credit card was charged on February 20th which seems OK, if they had actually shipped it. I checked the tracking number and UPS said the number was valid, but they didn't have the shipment. The UPS status stayed the same for about a week. I then got a survey email asking for a rating of MCM and they got the appropriate grapefruit thrown at them. The next day I got a notification from UPS that a package from MCM would be delivered in a couple of days, with a different tracking number. I finally got the box on March 4, and it was short one item, which by the way they had charged my credit card for. I checked their website and it indicated the order was "complete". I emailed their "customer service" and got the reply that the item was discontinued and the backorder cancelled. I have now requested a refund for the missing item - we will see how that goes.

rotus8
Waiting to connect to printer...

Re: MCM Electronics

Postby KDog » 2014-Mar-Wed-16-Mar

What is this place exactly? They are selling the whole Printrbot product line, including parts and upgrades, for the same price as Printrbot sells them for. Does HQ have any working agreements with them?

Printrbot Metal Simple
Printrbot Original (printed on a PBJ)
Dec. 2013 ..... Kossel PRO (still waiting for it to arrive!!!)
KDog
Layer 300 of 1234

Return to Merchant feedback (good and bad)