Group buy on filamemt, US only...

Postby jkocurek » 2012-Aug-Sun-20-Aug

I'd like to explore the possibility of getting together a group buy on repraper.com filament. I ordered some and it works ok. However, the shipping is really expensive. But, the percentage of the overall cost in shipping declines with larger orders.

Which begs for a group order. Let me know if anyone is interested, number of spools and the type. I will run the numbers and see what it will cost, which I will then post. If that price is attractive, and I can get enough firm commitments, I will place the order. When it arrives, we can work out the pay, probably using Paypal, and then I will ship.

Does this sound interesting?

jkocurek
Levelling print bed...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Group buy on filamemt, US only...

Postby bradhuffman » 2012-Aug-Mon-14-Aug

Great that the shipping comes down, but does the cost per spool? Would ordering bulk directly from a supplier on Alibaba be a better overall plan?

bradhuffman
Loading filament...

Postby Mooselake » 2012-Aug-Tue-13-Aug

Repraper has a reputation for (mostly) good filament. With an Alibaba supplier, who knows? I've had a good experience dealing with Simon and plan to buy more when the current supply gets a bit lower.

Will domestic shipping end up costing more than FedEx from China? I averaged $12/lb with shipping on a 5kg order. It seems like a good business opportunity to order a whole container full and become a dealer, although more than the wife gives me for an allowance. You single guys/gals?

I'd say count me in if the numbers work, but I've got that 5kg in the box with the crystal kitty litter.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Postby mikemwa53 » 2012-Aug-Tue-13-Aug

I've been ordering from Repraper lately. The last order for 6 1K spools was $155 with Shipping ( $26.00 Per spool). I don't see where you can get 5 K spools. Where is it? I'd be in if I can get it cheaper.

Sooooo much to do
Sooooo Little time!!!

Montgomery, IL. USA
mikemwa53
ACME leadscrew

Postby Mooselake » 2012-Aug-Tue-13-Aug

mikemwa53 wrote:I've been ordering from Repraper lately. The last order for 6 1K spools was $155 with Shipping ( $26.00 Per spool). I don't see where you can get 5 K spools. Where is it? I'd be in if I can get it cheaper.

That was 5 1kg spools, one of ABS and 4 PLA, all different colors. The $12 delivered was per pound and from a memory with oldtimers, not kg; sorry for the confusion.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Group buys