[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Metal Plus

Metal Plus

Metal Plus

Postby Willy » 2015-Jan-Sun-02-Jan

I am wondering whom out there has one?
I keep searching Youtube to see posts on it. Yet all I see are the ones that Brook has done.
Can some one elate what the unboxing was like?
Any other info I should know about the Metal Plus?

I don't care if you're white, black, red, periwinkle, burnt umber, or chartreuse -- resisting arrest is not a right, it's a crime. And it's never a good idea. ~Mike Rowe
Willy
Waiting for extruder temp...

Metal Plus

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Metal Plus

Postby kbowen99 » 2015-Jan-Sun-11-Jan

Printrbot is still very far behind on shipping if you are considering ordering... (waiting on a metal plus upgrade)

kbowen99
Loading filament...

Postby keljam7 » 2015-Jan-Sat-02-Jan

Yes I got mine about 3 weeks ago, I love it. If your getting one with a dual extruder, keep your nozzles in check because some are a little different in length. That is if you have the old hot ends. I just encountered this problem, the second extruder was rubbing the print leaving lines in it. So I thought it was not level and i made adjustments and that did not help. It was the nozzles all along.So there's is one tip.

It's a very nice printer, you should get one.
-kelly

keljam7
Loading filament...

Postby JonS » 2015-Jan-Sat-15-Jan

I've had mine a few weeks. I bought it assembled, as I had a baby on the way (she came earlier than I expected and the printer came later than I expected).

I'm very impressed with it. The quality is a big step up from my V1 Jr, and the size and dual-extruders take me in to a different league.

I didn't like the recommended (and configured) Cura and haven't got everything quite sorted out in Repetier, so I jumped to Simplify3D which I'm mostly extremely happy with.

I've been a little limited on my printing, as it's a little noisy and as I said, we have a new baby. I had my Jr in a special enclosure I built with sound-absorbing foam. I'm in the middle of building my new enclosure now.

Printrbot Metal Plus with:

- Dual Ubis 13S metal hot ends (swapped for original Ubis metals)
- Dual Gear Head extruders
- Heated bed
- PEI print bed film

Printrbot Jr (put out to pasture).
JonS
ACME leadscrew

Postby keljam7 » 2015-Feb-Wed-22-Feb

keljam7
Loading filament...

Postby Willy » 2015-Feb-Fri-15-Feb

would one of you kindly post what area it takes for one of these printers to operate?

I don't care if you're white, black, red, periwinkle, burnt umber, or chartreuse -- resisting arrest is not a right, it's a crime. And it's never a good idea. ~Mike Rowe
Willy
Waiting for extruder temp...

Postby JonS » 2015-Feb-Fri-16-Feb

Printrbot Metal Plus with:

- Dual Ubis 13S metal hot ends (swapped for original Ubis metals)
- Dual Gear Head extruders
- Heated bed
- PEI print bed film

Printrbot Jr (put out to pasture).
JonS
ACME leadscrew

Return to General