If you ever have a single part fail, contaminating the rest

Postby YellowGTO » 2014-Jan-Mon-15-Jan

I got sick of having a single part fail and ruining the rest of my parts. I figured out a way to save the rest of the parts without having to shave off a ton of plastic on the next part.

20140127_154713.jpg

The paper towel flexes so you don't need to get it the exact height. So far its been working really well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YellowGTO
Printing skirt...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: If you ever have a single part fail, contaminating the r

Postby thawkins » 2014-Jan-Mon-19-Jan

YellowGTO wrote:I got sick of having a single part fail and ruining the rest of my parts. I figured out a way to save the rest of the parts without having to shave off a ton of plastic on the next part.

20140127_154713.jpg

The paper towel flexes so you don't need to get it the exact height. So far its been working really well.

LoL, i thought i was bad, i have been known to pause a print and pop a bit of folded paper into the print if i know its about to do a long bridge. Works a treat, and so much better that support material which tends to fill all your horizontal holes with gunk.

Jonbot+
225mm x 200mm - Heated Bed
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 1.1.0
Full Graphic display.
-------------------------------
Zen Toolworks CNC/3d printer
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 0.98
Flashforge 3d Creator Pro
Dual Extruder
220x143x150mm
Mightyboard rev e, runnimg Sailfish 7.7r1234
Photon, self designed printed printer.
thawkins
Print winner 2nd
Print winner 2nd

Re: If you ever have a single part fail, contaminating the r

Postby YellowGTO » 2014-Jan-Mon-20-Jan

thawkins wrote:
YellowGTO wrote:I got sick of having a single part fail and ruining the rest of my parts. I figured out a way to save the rest of the parts without having to shave off a ton of plastic on the next part.

20140127_154713.jpg

LoL, i thought i was bad, i have been known to pause a print and pop a bit of folded paper into the print if i know its about to do a long bridge. Works a treat, and so much better that support material which tends to fill all your horizontal holes with gunk.

Omg lol, ill have to try that on my next overhand.

YellowGTO
Printing skirt...

Return to General