[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - Printrbot Jr Firmware

Printrbot Jr Firmware

Printrbot Jr Firmware

Postby gbward » 2013-Mar-Mon-09-Mar

Hi,

Where can I get the firmware for the Printrbot Jr?

I'm having issues with my Jr, and I want to troubleshoot it - but I don't want to mess with the firmware settings unless I have an original copy as a backup.

Thanks,

-Geoff

gbward
Waiting to connect to printer...

Printrbot Jr Firmware

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Printrbot Jr Firmware

Postby halley » 2013-Mar-Mon-10-Mar

A search of the forum would find a few other threads asking (including mine when I started).

Ostensibly, https://github.com/PxT/Marlin is the official source as shipped for Printrboards. However, the "jr" board is marked with a sharpie and the only firmware difference that I've heard is that one of the motor axis directions is reversed. It's pretty easy to reverse a stepper motor by flipping the plug backwards (or pulling apart the connector and reassembling in reverse wire order, if your connector is not flippable).

The only other limit that I had theorized may mark a "jr" board is a firmware limit on each axis size. I have not yet tried to run a motor to +300mm to see if the board refuses, as it doesn't make much difference in practice.

halley
ACME leadscrew

Postby halley » 2013-Mar-Mon-10-Mar

Also, most things can be done without reflashing firmware.

The M501 command will reload all soft settings from onboard permanent memory, and display them.
The M503 command will display current settings.
The M92 command and others, will adjust those current settings.
The M500 command will save current settings to onboard permanent memory, for next reboot.

I saved a copy of the output from my stock M501 command (a little file I called M501-stock.txt), before I started messing with things.

halley
ACME leadscrew

Postby gbward » 2013-Mar-Tue-08-Mar

So, does that mean that firmware - specific to Printrbot Jr. - does not exist? If so, then they should not make a distinction.

-geoff

gbward

Postby plexus » 2013-Mar-Tue-08-Mar

The firmware for the jr is likely Marlin with the necessary axis maximums and directions set. some if this info is in the M501 info. but it would be nice for PBHQ to post the necessary firmware config values in each printer page on their site. that was you can change these in marlin and recompile a version that will work. its also possible to just figure it out yourself but likely at this point you will have to compile and load yourself until someone posts a hex file. i can do but i need to know the specific values to set them.

plexus
Site Admin

Postby halley » 2013-Mar-Tue-09-Mar

halley
ACME leadscrew

Postby plexus » 2013-Mar-Tue-10-Mar

plexus
Site Admin

Postby lwalkera » 2013-Mar-Tue-12-Mar

Laine Walker-Avina
Printrbot Beta-tester and Printrboard Designer
lwalkera
Honeycomb infill 25%...

Postby halley » 2013-Mar-Tue-12-Mar

Thanks for the direct link on this forum, lwalkera.

I was kinda responding to plexus' words "on their site." Be proud and up-front with the designs, keep them up to date... it helps those who want to understand the Open Hardware product they bought. BOM, board, firmware, cutter plans, assembly instructions, usage instructions. If you've seen a Jenkins or other continuous integration server, think of the hardware equivalent of it.

Maybe while I'm waiting for a print to complete, I'll find a link to the laser cutter files for each of the bots, and see how well I could show their proper fit with 3D renderings and animations.

halley
ACME leadscrew

Postby gbward » 2013-Mar-Wed-07-Mar

gbward

Postby plexus » 2013-Mar-Wed-15-Mar

plexus
Site Admin

Return to General