Opinions on Printrbot Plus 1504

Postby New Passion » 2017-May-Sun-19-May

I wanted to get some opinions on what some owners of the Metal Plus think. I have been trying to read as many reviews as I can find. I like the fact it has linear rails, and it now ships with the Ubis13s. A concern is, I read about it not printing a straight vertical surface, has anyone owning this printer experienced this and have they found a fix for it if true. I currently have a Heavily Modded Simple Metal, I have had for over two years.

Mark

New Passion
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Opinions on Printrbot Plus 1504

Postby musk » 2017-May-Mon-12-May

I'm pretty experienced with the 1504. Not sure what you mean about "straight vertical" surfaces, but if you're talking about Z artifacts get the metric rod upgrade and it'll be perfect. Make sure the bearing carts are lubricated and aligned, and it's a great machine.

Printrbot Metal Plus (2x)
Printrbot Simple Metal (2x)
musk
Solid infill...

Re: Opinions on Printrbot Plus 1504

Postby New Passion » 2017-May-Mon-21-May

Thanks for the reply musk, what I mean by not printing a straight vertical wall, I read somewhere that some users, when printing a tall model, it would tend to lean in one direction X or Y while printing up in the Z, they may have had another issue with belts or a loose GT2 pulley that they were not aware of. I just wish I could get a kit, I would prefer to build it myself, but If I do order one I will get the lead screw upgrade. I currently lubricate my Simple metal rods with ptfe lubricant for model trains, I have read some people use sewing machine oil, what do you use on your rails? Thanks Again.

Mark

New Passion
Waiting for printbed temp...

Return to General