Printrbot Play Printrboard LED Flashing

Postby Bigdfromaz » 2017-Dec-Fri-17-Dec

For the last couple of weeks I have been having issues with my play. First, it wouldn't connect via USB. I disconnected the upper fan from the printrboard icsp and was able to connect. So I flashed the firmware and was able to get everything running again, but without the upper fan and by disconnecting the PSU (I upgraded to the extended Y axis and heated bed) and using the original PSU. Everything seemed to be working and I was getting some good prints once I recalibrated everything. Today I was starting a print when the machine just stopped. The LED on the printrboard is flashing when I plug it in and resetting the board isn't helping. Also, it isn't recognized in Cura and won't connect anymore. Any advice?

Bigdfromaz
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Printrbot Play Printrboard LED Flashing

Postby RetireeJay » 2017-Dec-Fri-17-Dec

What version of Printrboard do you have?
On Printrboard versions A through F, the LED is not under program control, but simply indicates the presence of power. In that case, if it's flashing on and off, it would indicate an intermittent source of power. However, I have no knowledge of how the LED on a Rev G board is connected or controlled.

Printrbot Plus operational January 2013
Brass threaded rods (5/16" X 18) & nuts for Z axis
GT2 belts & pulleys
Cable chain to reduce probability of fatigue failure in wires
E3D V5 Hot End, 0.4mm nozzle, also 0.8 and 0.25 in use occasionally
PB fan mount + 40mm fan -- using printed mount adapter, not the E3D supplied fan
Injection molded extruder gears
Optical Z "endstop" (custom designed and built)
Have used many pounds of T-Glase filament. Now also doing some work with Ninjaflex SemiFlex
Print on glass with Scotch Craft Stick or other glue stick
RetireeJay
My next printer is...

Postby Bigdfromaz » 2017-Dec-Fri-19-Dec

Thanks, it's a RevF5. I'm going to reconnect the other PSU and see if that helps.

Bigdfromaz

Postby Bigdfromaz » 2017-Dec-Fri-20-Dec

That was it. I think although I wasn't using the heated bed, it was still drawing power. New fan gets here soon, so hopefully I'll be back to printing reliably again.

Bigdfromaz

Return to General