Fan Wire on Printrbot Metal Plus

Postby Radioman1017 » 2017-Jul-Tue-21-Jul

Hello all!

Haven't been here in a while. Everything has been running smooth on my Simple Metal and Metal Plus....

Until today! :)

I had to disassemble my extruder due to a clog. It's been super hot here in San Diego and my fan just couldn't keep up.

Anyway, once I disassembled, unclogged and started to reassemble, I see this wire.

IMG_1811.JPG

This is the third time I've had to disassemble but have never noticed this. What is this for? And where does it go? I'm thinking it's a ground wire as the fan is powered off the black / red wires. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Mark

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Radioman1017
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Fan Wire on Printrbot Metal Plus

Postby Mooselake » 2017-Jul-Wed-14-Jul

Possibly a speed sensor wire. They're used on computers to measure/report/control the fan speed but not used on our Printrbots. If it goes to the fan, and the fan still works, I'd clip it off close to the case and ignore it.

Google (Duck Cluck Moose, Bing, or your favorite search engine) 3 wire case fans for more info. Here's a random reference from our Googlian Overlords

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Re: Fan Wire on Printrbot Metal Plus

Postby musk » 2017-Jul-Wed-15-Jul

Looks like a piece of filament to me. :) It doesn't appear to be the same gauge as the red/black wires.

Printrbot Metal Plus (2x)
Printrbot Simple Metal (2x)
musk
Solid infill...

Return to General