Ceramic UBIS replacements

If you need a printed part, post here and hopefully someone will oblige. Be sure to post your location (city, state/province, country)

Postby MileHigh3DII » 2018-Jun-Fri-17-Jun

I have a PB+2.1 and a PB+ that came right after that with the dual extruders. They both use ceramic UBIS in stock config. I see that those have been abandoned by PB and no longer are in stock.

Are there some still floating around? I'm interested in going to a more advanced hot end, but I like to play more on the design and materials side than the production hardware side.

Any suggestions?

MileHigh3DII
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ceramic UBIS replacements

Postby cbxbiker61 » 2018-Jun-Fri-20-Jun

I would have offered to sell my old ceramic, but I seem to have misplaced it. In any case, the ubis 13s has been working for me flawlessly. I replaced the ceramic way back when the 13s first appeared.

You did mention that you're into materials... The ubis 13s gives you extended temperature range, therefore you can experiment with more materials.

cbxbiker61

Postby MileHigh3DII » 2018-Jun-Mon-02-Jun

Thanks. I'd need to have a fan on there, wouldn't I? I have the 1404 type that has the twin x carriage guide side-by-side. Not a lot of room for stuff underneath. I could get some ducting since I have a larger CPU fan on the top that I use to keep the geared extruders cool and working, if the cooling needs for 235C aren't that great.

MileHigh3DII

Postby cbxbiker61 » 2018-Jun-Mon-05-Jun

Yeah, you would need a fan.

cbxbiker61

Return to Need a part