Z axis motor "Y" cable splitter

If you need a printed part, post here and hopefully someone will oblige. Be sure to post your location (city, state/province, country)

Postby Bellus » 2015-Feb-Tue-17-Feb

Does anyone know where I can purchase a splitter cable for hooking up two Z cables to one spot. Similar to one that comes with the Plus. I have searched a bit, but I think I am missing the magic words.

Bellus
Waiting for printbed temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Z axis motor

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Feb-Wed-16-Feb

I tried googling variations on "printrboard motor splitter" and didn't come up with anything useful. Printrbot originally sold the motors already joined together with one connector, like in my Kickstarter Klassic Plus. If that's what you want they may still be doing the same thing with the current dual Z motor models and could sell you a dual motor package. I didn't search any of the printrboard clone sellers, but they might have something too.

Printrbot sells motor extension cables, so you could do a little cutting, stripping, and soldering and make your own, or you could get a pair of motors with the connectors installed and do the same thing. It depends on what your goals are.

You can search the forum to find the part numbers for the connectors used and make your own from scratch, too.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Re: Z axis motor "Y" cable splitter

Postby orangefurball » 2015-Feb-Thu-15-Feb

Here you go,

http://makemendel.com/mechanical-parts/ ... -for-prusa

That has worked for me in the past!

2 CoreXY Machines 200x200x200/600mm
Cubify Cube3 & Makerbot Replicator Mini

Thingybot Delta Printer
150x150x200mm circular build volume, high precision open source 3D printer.

http://www.thingybot3d.com
orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby midnkight » 2015-Feb-Fri-01-Feb

I used computer extension cable and y cable. the connect had to be modified a little, but your local computer parts store my have the items. Amazon has quiet a few 2 pin, 3 pin, and 4 pin cables.

midnkight
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby liamhenry21 » 2017-May-Thu-01-May

This tutorial is intended for rack holders and other 3D printers that use 2 stepper motors for the Z axis, as usually seen in the patterns of Brosa or Mendel of printers, and many more.
The default configuration for most electronics controllers such as Rams is that the motors are connected in parallel. But as I will try to explain, it could be more useful to connect the motors in a series instead.

liamhenry21
Waiting to connect to printer...

Postby Mooselake » 2017-May-Thu-13-May

Another of our necroposting Pakistani friends. Since none of them have ever responded to polite requests for info about their 3D printers this one has joined the others in the forum banlist. Have to say I'm disappointed, would like somebody from that part of the world to actually have a 3D printer. For a change I gave him/her negative feedback and asked if they'd prove me wrong.

Since they're not banned it's not really an excuse to pull out the machine guns, but while I'm not a fan of music videos I like the song. Guess I'm showing my moosely maturity

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Need a part