Recomendation of 3.0mm ABS filament supplier

Talk about materials used in 3D printing

Postby aerogeek » 2013-Sep-Tue-11-Sep

Hi All,

Having had my hands burnt after buying a spool of blue glow in the dark ABS filamet which is too fragile and keeps clogging up the hot end I am taking a more cautious approach and asking for recomendations of suppliers of 3.0mm filament.

I am in the UK so ordering from the USA is difficult, at the moment i do not mind the colour of the filament as i am still learning the ins and outs with the printer.

Are the ones on Amazon ok to buy from?

aerogeek
I'm an end stop.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Recomendation of 3.0mm ABS filament supplier

Postby REPRAP SQUAD » 2013-Sep-Tue-19-Sep

I've had good experiences with makergeeks.com and they have a huge selection. There is also a guy that is a member of these forums that sells filament. I have some on the way from him so ill let you know how it turns out.

Twitter: @REPRAPSQUAD
Check it out: Build logs, 3D printer news and all things Printrbot--http://reprapsquad.wordpress.com
PC Case Mods 3D printed:
http://www.enviousmods.com

RepRap Squad's The 1st Simple (XL)
* Custom built that towers over the LC

Printrbot Plus V2 W/
*Dual extruder PB Version (2-Ubis 1.75mm hotends)
*Heavily Modded and all axis extended
REPRAP SQUAD
Metal hotbed butt

Postby aerogeek » 2013-Sep-Tue-14-Sep

OK so took a chance and bought some filament from a amazon supplier trying a repeat test print using it. Initial results are good, its lasted longer already than the glow in the dark blue filament i tried previously. Hopefully i wont have another problem with the pb+

the supplier seems to be Jet-filament.

on another note has anyone managed to get glow in the dark filament working, did you use any special settings? I am interested because i want to print off some glow in the dark stars etc for my daughters room.

aerogeek
I'm an end stop.

Postby smisra1968 » 2014-Feb-Fri-09-Feb

I've had good experiences with http://www.repraper.com/ One of the few places that has clear ABS.

smisra1968
Levelling print bed...

Postby ivymike1031 » 2014-Feb-Fri-13-Feb

I've purchased nearly all of my filament via amazon (using Amazon Prime) and have had no complaints that could be traced directly to the filament. I was able to print with white/glow ABS no problem, but it needed a higher temp than regular.

One complaint I have is that filament suppliers often include small unlabelled samples of different filament colors along with the order ... but I've ordered ABS and the sample turns out to be PLA! (what a mess)

ivymike1031
Layer 100 of 1234

Postby plexus » 2014-Feb-Sat-12-Feb

This account has been flag as a possible shill account. The only 4 posts they've posted advertise what appears to be their own product. the userid of the account are the names of the owners as posted on their site. We have warned them to delete all these posts by sunday or else their account will be deleted.

Shill accounts and posts will not be tolerated. if you see anything like this please flag the post and we will investigate.

thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
plexus
Site Admin

Postby ivymike1031 » 2014-Feb-Tue-09-Feb

looks like the offending post is gone from this thread.

ivymike1031
Layer 100 of 1234

Postby reepete1 » 2014-Feb-Tue-22-Feb

Here is the shop i have been ordering from. No issus with ether buying/shipping or quality (1.75 Pla only tested). Atleast for me they are fast on delivery easy to deal with. Swedish based company since i'm living in Sweden.

http://www.3dprima.com/en/

[Edit] Ah, never mind, just check the site. They only have special filament in 3.0 mm now

reepete1
Loading filament...

Return to Material talk