Printrbot Simple Metal Taulman 910

Talk about materials used in 3D printing

Postby ameggs » 2016-May-Sun-13-May

Hello
After searching this site i didn't find much help, and decided to just ask and see has anyone printed with Taulam 910 on the PB Simple Metal? I did one successful print ( it was a small test part i always use) and it did great. A few days later I tried to print a bigger drone part and it would stop extruding. You could see and hear it was jammed. I can clean it out and it work for a while ( the point of jam would vary) then jam again. I tried higher heat, lower heat, faster and slower print speeds with no positive results. Can anyone help?

ameggs
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Printrbot Simple Metal Taulman 910

Postby ktfergus » 2016-May-Mon-17-May

What kind of hotend are you using: Ubis ceramic/13/13s?

It looks like Taulmen suggests a print temp between 250-255C. You might be getting heat creeping up the hotend, softening the filament. I experienced similar jams when printing with T-Glase.

When I switched to a 13s, I installed a second fan to cool the hotend, which might solve the jamming you're experiencing with 910:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: DIY Heated Bed, with 305mm Extended X Axis
PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: 305mm x200mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1505 (Play) :: 100mm x 250mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1503 (Play) :: 100mm x 100mm DIY Heated bed
Latest Project :: Sisyphus Whirligig
ktfergus
Printing skirt...

Return to Material talk