Micro Sander

Talk about materials used in 3D printing

Micro Sander

Postby Radioman1017 » 2015-Nov-Wed-10-Nov

Hey all,

Normally I'm on here asking questions (usually stupid ones) but today I'm sharing something.

I sometimes print small, intricate pieces and sanding in nooks and crannies really sucks. I combed through Michael's and Hobby Lobby and couldn't find a decent tool. An online search turned up little, but I did find this sander from Micro Mark.

http://www.micromark.com/Micro-Sander,7 ... AsNC8P8HAQ

Holy crap. This thing is amazing. I know it sounds like a paid endorsement. It really isn't. I just got this and started using it and it's unbelievable. The only thing that is kind of a drag about it is that you need sticky-backed sandpaper to stick to the various sized and shaped attachments. I'm sure that type of sandpaper exists somewhere. If anyone has a good source, please share.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out. It's a little expensive at $100 but man this is going to save me some time.

Mark

Radioman1017
Waiting for printbed temp...

Micro Sander

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Micro Sander

Postby olendorf » 2015-Nov-Wed-11-Nov

That looks good. I little expensive maybe. I know you'll be printing your own sanding tips. :)

Maybe you could use this for an adhesive 3M-08051-Feathering-Disc-Adhesive
or buy rolls of PSA adhesive coated sandpaper. Search for DEWALT DAK2111501 2-3/4 by 10M 150g HP psa roll

olendorf
Levelling print bed...

Re: Micro Sander

Postby Mooselake » 2015-Nov-Thu-16-Nov

I'd second that - PSA, in addition to a test for adult males is also pressure sensitive adhesive. It's a common type of sandpaper and available in quite a few different types.

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Return to Material talk