Amazon Prime Filament

Talk about materials used in 3D printing

Amazon Prime Filament

Postby asteinmark » 2015-Jul-Mon-09-Jul

Prime Day is coming up on Amazon (This Wednesday the 15th). I'm looking to stock up so please post links to or brands of any filament you'd recommend on Amazon.

Thanks

asteinmark
Loading filament...

Amazon Prime Filament

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Amazon Prime Filament

Postby Mach-Chris » 2015-Jul-Mon-10-Jul

Ord Solutions was good, but they stopped carrying a lot colors, so I switched to MG chemicals. The only brutal experience I have had was the one time I tried BuMat, but I likely just got a crappy spool as I have seen other people have good success with it.

Visit Matrix Online!
Follow us on Twitter! @MatrixPrecision
Mach-Chris
Support material...

Postby asteinmark » 2015-Jul-Mon-17-Jul

Mach-Chris wrote:Ord Solutions was good, but they stopped carrying a lot colors, so I switched to MG chemicals. The only brutal experience I have had was the one time I tried BuMat, but I likely just got a crappy spool as I have seen other people have good success with it.

It seems Amazon only sells pink and black from Ord Solutions. MG Chemicals isn't really worth it at $30 per kg roll.

asteinmark
Loading filament...

Postby ktfergus » 2015-Jul-Mon-19-Jul

I've been super happy with HatchBox. I recently picked up their sample pack of ABS, even tho the description states it's for 3D pens. For only $11.98 you can try out 12 of their colors; see how they look and behave when printed; & it's great for small accent parts if you don't want to buy a whole roll. I can get roughly 30-45 mins of print time from each 20ft sample.

I've got a Prime membership, too, so I'll have to see what kind of deals are available.

PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: DIY Heated Bed, with 305mm Extended X Axis
PrintrBot Model: 1403 (Simple Metal Assembled) :: 305mm x200mm DIY heated bed
PrintrBot Model: 1505 (Play) :: 100mm x 250mm DIY heated bed
Latest Project: Flux Capacitor
ktfergus
Waiting for printbed temp...

Return to Material talk