How To Print With Select Mini Via WiFi ?

Postby IB3D » 2016-Dec-Mon-19-Dec

Got a MonoPrice Select Mini for Christmas. Have successfully sent G-Code to it via USB allowing connection with our WIFI, it has an address displayed. Now I'm scratching my head cause none of the resources I can find give clue to what the next step is? Is there a means to send files from CURA 14.12.1 on my anemic Netbook or do I need a computer capable of handling Repetier-Host (that's the only video on the topic I could find and it left much to be desired) or is there a bridging program out there that I have yet to stumble upon?

IB3D
Waiting for extruder temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: How To Print With Select Mini Via WiFi ?

Postby Mooselake » 2016-Dec-Mon-20-Dec

Try the Monoprice forums. The last time I looked (it's been a while) you needed a firmware update direct from the board manufacturer to enable the wireless. Their forums would also let you know how to drive it wirelessly.

Let us know what you did, and how the printer works out. Inquiring minds...

Kirk

Modified KickStarter Classic Plus 7/2012
KS Thingybot Delta Pro 10/31/16
Mooselake
My next printer is...

Re: How To Print With Select Mini Via WiFi ?

Postby IB3D » 2016-Dec-Mon-22-Dec

Ah ha, this video filled in the missing pieces for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwTWyQCMEqs

Had already performed the PID, Motion, & UI updates. It was pretty straight forward and not difficult for even someone as simple as me to assign an address to the printer using the M551 and M553 commands thru Cura. Not sure why there is encouragement to take the more complicated paths for that.

Then once you enter the device address in your browser window an interface opens for setting temps and importing the saved G-Code to the printer enabling continued use of my earlier version of Cura. As others have noted, even with the PID upgrade this printer falls just shy of the target temps and seems to vary continuously by a degree on the hot end and bed. The below photo shows my first wifi print of the much needed knob upgrade. I will probably end up printing the actual one on my Simple Metal, as all I've done is to tweak the bed corners on this printer and it's still producing prints a bit rough. Display shows target and actual temps for both extruder & bed, % of print completed and then once done actual time to print, which Cura has never been right about.

THX

IB3D
Waiting for extruder temp...

Return to Off topic talk