My first blob, in a while..

Discuss your first ever printrbot print

Postby ThereWillBprints2 » 2015-Apr-Mon-16-Apr

All my questions were worthless. Tuned by pitch first print in 8 months?

All in all I thought it would have done worse. This can be saved by increasing flow rate. See you in 3 hours with a Nightwing Mask, maybe.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThereWillBprints2
Waiting for extruder temp...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: My first blob, in a while..

Postby orangefurball » 2015-Apr-Mon-18-Apr

Kinda looks like your bed is just uneven!

2 CoreXY Machines 200x200x200/600mm
Cubify Cube3 & Makerbot Replicator Mini

Thingybot Delta Printer
150x150x200mm circular build volume, high precision open source 3D printer.

http://www.thingybot3d.com
orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby ThereWillBprints2 » 2015-Apr-Tue-16-Apr

I space the tape .1mm from each other to remove models easier from the print bed. It often looks like ruffles. It also helps peel off the tape as well. Support structure of 3mm is always used for a base to allow any Drexel work:)
The real issues I had are with A) outer layer speed does not match the layer speed. B) Unlike before where the constraints were previously supported by the slic3r and repetier and Cura, I now have to set all setting manually

I would like to thank you for the suggestion and I will make the replacement bed maybe next week. Right now I want movement because different tapes can compensate for the level discrepancies.

ThereWillBprints2

Postby orangefurball » 2015-Apr-Tue-18-Apr

Makes sense, the upper left portion of the print just looked as if that corner was higher and that the nozzle was simply scraping because it was too close.

Is that a stock aluminum Simple bed? I have an extra one that you are welcome to

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby ThereWillBprints2 » 2015-Apr-Thu-04-Apr

It is not a simple print bed. I did use it as a template to make a clear acrylic print bed of 330mm width, pushed via fishing line :lol: . What I think you are seeing is the fold away table that I print on because I am really too cheap to buy a longer USB cable. I have a picture of it at the bottom. Smallest mask is 4.5 inch wide by 3.6 inch high. The one to the far right is 5.6 inch wide and 4.25 inch tall. Nozzle dieing on me which didn't help my calibration.

Funny story, I put a mini multi tool under the front of the bed. Which got me through the last of three attempts at a very thin Nightwing face mask.

All in all, 2/3 of the mask are going to be used for foam sheet templates. While the last one I will attempt to use some magic make up and build it into a face forming model. The tape will be removed via old school grinder at the lowest of speeds.

I am also putting the next part of my prints on hold until I get new tips. Hot End and gears/motors are working fine. These printers are tough, I will give the designers that. I also have no money/plans for a probe and to make a metal plate.

Enjoy the picture and ask for settings if you want :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThereWillBprints2

Postby orangefurball » 2015-Apr-Thu-11-Apr

ThereWillBprints2 wrote:It is not a simple print bed. I did use it as a template to make a clear acrylic print bed of 330mm width, pushed via fishing line :lol: . What I think you are seeing is the fold away table that I print on because I am really too cheap to buy a longer USB cable. I have a picture of it at the bottom. Smallest mask is 4.5 inch wide by 3.6 inch high. The one to the far right is 5.6 inch wide and 4.25 inch tall. Nozzle dieing on me which didn't help my calibration.

Funny story, I put a mini multi tool under the front of the bed. Which got me through the last of three attempts at a very thin Nightwing face mask.

All in all, 2/3 of the mask are going to be used for foam sheet templates. While the last one I will attempt to use some magic make up and build it into a face forming model. The tape will be removed via old school grinder at the lowest of speeds.

I am also putting the next part of my prints on hold until I get new tips. Hot End and gears/motors are working fine. These printers are tough, I will give the designers that. I also have no money/plans for a probe and to make a metal plate.

Enjoy the picture and ask for settings if you want :D

Very nice! I ran a similar bed setup on my Simple (when it was a Simple that is!)

Hot end tips are relatively weak, but I guess they have to be. Making such tiny holes much be pretty difficult! Not only that, but its better to lose a cheap little nozzle than a whole hotend; there has to be a weak spot somewhere.

My tape removal method is a bit different. I just stick the parts in water for a couple of minutes and the tape just rubs right off!

Thingybot Delta Printer

orangefurball
Laser scintillater

Postby ThereWillBprints2 » 2015-Apr-Fri-12-Apr

I will actually use that for the mask!

ThereWillBprints2

Return to My first blob