My First Calibrated Prints

Discuss your first ever printrbot print

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Feb-Wed-17-Feb

Hi All

New to the world of Printrbot Simple Metal, used an XYZ 3D Printer for 12 months DOH!

Well after stripping my XYZ down for a rebuild, Decided I need something to at least print parts on, was looking at a more expensive printer but was not really looking to spend like 2K on an ultimaker was going to give me much more than a few more mm of build platform.. Long story short; a mate bought an ultimaker and I helped him with the set-up and I was not very impressed for the money they cost, so decided Printrbot it is....

Your forum paid a bit part in that dissension so thanks :D

WOW made the right choice, only problem is now my XYZ might just stay in bits as this little printer is great!

Using Simplify 3D software which is really nice, being able to remove unwanted support and changing print setting at different layer heights is awesome : - )

Anyway 2 Marvin's left 100 microns right 200 microns, faberdashery crystal clear fillment at 210c

Any improvement suggestions welcome...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
SpannerHands
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: My First Calibrated Prints

Postby evanalmighty » 2015-Feb-Wed-20-Feb

Nice prints. If you want to part with your xyz, let me know.

evanalmighty
Layer 650 of 1234

Re: My First Calibrated Prints

Postby SpannerHands » 2015-Feb-Thu-02-Feb

evanalmighty wrote:Nice prints. If you want to part with your xyz, let me know.

Thanks... Will do, but I am quite far away :P

PS. If you don't own an XYZ please don't aspire to own one... even though I have hacked it and fixed some large issues with its design it still cant match a printrbot with quality of print. Currently I have to replace all the rods and also upgrading to liner bearings, The main issue its Z wobble there is so much play in the X & Y every layer can be up-to 0.3mm out of aliment, however if you print a symmetrical shape it will sync with the constant identical movements and look quite good LOL...

Everything for your 3D & Filament Needs.
3D Printing Filaments PLA, ABS, Wood, Transparent, Flexable and Technical Materials.
www.spannerhands.co.uk
SpannerHands
Loading filament...

Return to My first blob