Supplied fanshroud Gcode - Belt chewing during 2nd cal point

Discuss your first ever printrbot print

Postby jphphotography » 2014-Dec-Fri-20-Dec

Hey everyone, I've just finished getting my z level calibrated using Brook's video, I got my test cube printing decently and decided to move onto the fan shroud. I downloaded the ready to print g code from here (can't post link) as referenced in the guide here (can't post link)

As the printer goes through it's initial calibration it moves to the 2nd location and it behaves as if it thinks the bed is way bigger (in the y axis) than it actually is and it causes the belt to skip gears, I killed the job when this happened. I then realized that the max x and max y were set to 200mm so I set them to 150 like the x and y size, tried it again and it still happened.I let the print continue this time and it performed the 3rd calibration point without issue and then printed the part. Later I fine tuned the z height further and decided to reprint my fan shroud (base layers weren't great on initial attempt) this time however I sliced the model myself and the auto calibration went fine. What would cause this?

Here is the start of the gcode from print that is causing issue:
G21 ; set units to millimeters
M104 S208 ; set temperature
G28 X0.0 Y0.0 ; home XY axis
G1 Y10.0 F8000.00
G29
M109 S208 ; wait for temperature to be reached

PS Apparently linking to the printrbot guides "looks too spammy for a new user" so I had to remove the links, basically I was just following the guide on the main printrbot site for the metal simple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Printrbot Simple Metal - Cold Bed (stock)
My designs http://www.thingiverse.com/jphphotography/designs
jphphotography
I'm an end stop.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Supplied fanshroud Gcode - Belt chewing during 2nd cal p

Postby jphphotography » 2014-Dec-Sun-23-Dec

Nevermind, not sure what the cause was but everything else has been printing just fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Printrbot Simple Metal - Cold Bed (stock)
My designs http://www.thingiverse.com/jphphotography/designs
jphphotography
I'm an end stop.

Re: Supplied fanshroud Gcode - Belt chewing during 2nd cal p

Postby thawkins » 2014-Dec-Mon-03-Dec

jphphotography wrote:Hey everyone, I've just finished getting my z level calibrated using Brook's video, I got my test cube printing decently and decided to move onto the fan shroud. I downloaded the ready to print g code from here (can't post link) as referenced in the guide here (can't post link)

As the printer goes through it's initial calibration it moves to the 2nd location and it behaves as if it thinks the bed is way bigger (in the y axis) than it actually is and it causes the belt to skip gears, I killed the job when this happened. I then realized that the max x and max y were set to 200mm so I set them to 150 like the x and y size, tried it again and it still happened.I let the print continue this time and it performed the 3rd calibration point without issue and then printed the part. Later I fine tuned the z height further and decided to reprint my fan shroud (base layers weren't great on initial attempt) this time however I sliced the model myself and the auto calibration went fine. What would cause this?

Here is the start of the gcode from print that is causing issue:
G21 ; set units to millimeters
M104 S208 ; set temperature
G28 X0.0 Y0.0 ; home XY axis
G1 Y10.0 F8000.00
G29
M109 S208 ; wait for temperature to be reached

PS Apparently linking to the printrbot guides "looks too spammy for a new user" so I had to remove the links, basically I was just following the guide on the main printrbot site for the metal simple.

Add to the top of the start gcode

M211 X150 Y150 Z150

It will instruct the printer that it is only 150mmx150mmx150mm

Jonbot+
225mm x 200mm - Heated Bed
RAMPS 1.4 running Marlin 1.1.0
Full Graphic display.
-------------------------------
Zen Toolworks CNC/3d printer
230mmx360mm bed
Dual j-head hotends.
Dual heated beds.