My First 3D printer, 1403 Simple metal :D

Discuss your first ever printrbot print

Postby badscr » 2014-Oct-Fri-18-Oct

Highly recommend this printer.

Got my first 3D printer (pre assembled Printrbot Simple metal 1403) about 3 weeks ago and am loving every minute of printing :D . A few days later I am printing at 0.15 mm layers. It prints really fast.
It beats the ... out of my CNC router and wish i had gotten the printer before the CNC. It came with a really good amount of filament and have about 2 meters left. The first few prints was really bad (7mm z height for 1st layer) trying to set the z axis height. So after about 2 hours of user error; I got the Z set and got the cube printed and it came out great wow didn't expect my first print to be so good. Then printed the fan shroud and it came out beautifully. The PLA plastic is stronger then I thought it would be.
The only down side I have ran into is waiting for a print to finish so that i can print some more, i am thinking that a 2nd printer would help with this in my case.

A little side note it sucks that during shipping the printer sate at my local ups hub for the weekend and the holiday that ups was also closed for, so close and yet just out of reach :cry: :lol:

badscr
Loading filament...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to My first blob