My first print cubes: calibration and companion

Discuss your first ever printrbot print

Postby ThatGalaxyMan » 2014-Mar-Sun-17-Mar

Hello everyone! I am a college student majoring in Robotics Engineering, and have wanted my own 3d printer ever since I first saw one. Recently I decided to get a kit instead of a completed MakerBot, and ordered my Printrbot Jr v2. I finished assembling it yesterday, and began testing and calibration today.

Before my first print I set the end stops and print size, then leveled my printing surface. My first print was the calibration cube-step-thing in PLA and it was going very well until the power supply gave out (I was using the laptop supply) and the extruder stopped because of low temperatures. The cube's first layer was also a little squished, which made me realize that I had the heated bed on 70 degrees.

For my next print I made a Companion Cube from portal. I turned the heated plate down, and gave it another shot. It completed the print, and turned out very clean, which is very exciting.

Afterward, I took a little time to examine my calibration cube. The height seemed to be spot on, but the x and y were a little too big all around. Time to get calibrating!

Thanks everyone for making this forum alive, I've referenced many posts building and calibrating my bot.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThatGalaxyMan
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to My first blob