[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Printrbot Talk Forum • View topic - adhesion, corner blobs and slic3r doing whatever it wants.

adhesion, corner blobs and slic3r doing whatever it wants.

Discuss your first ever printrbot print

Postby Sander110419 » 2013-May-Fri-07-May

Hey everyone,
I finally got to assembling and working on my printrbot, but I ran into some issues...
Below is a video of what happens
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RZNCf_q7M2w
The adhesion is being worked on, but the belts are as tight as can be, tried with 3 kinds of filament, but i get the same result every time.

Sander110419
Waiting to connect to printer...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: adhesion, corner blobs and slic3r doing whatever it want

Postby tonydevito » 2013-May-Fri-08-May

No joy on youtube link, check link

tonydevito

Postby mikemwa53 » 2013-May-Fri-12-May

Take the space out before the com and it works.

Sooooo much to do
Sooooo Little time!!!

mikemwa53
ACME leadscrew

Postby owens » 2013-May-Fri-13-May

I am pretty sure your Z stop is set too high; there's too much space between the print bed and the nozzle for the first layer. But that doesn't explain the bizarre behavior; pausing at corners while still extruding and crossing over the same layer for the infill. Are you using Slic3r with mostly defaults, and just changing the things that are appropriate for your printer (filament size, axis calibration and so on)? Our experience has been that it's better to get a couple of more-or-less good prints then start tweaking, and typically one thing at a time. . .

owens
Support material...

Postby Sander110419 » 2013-May-Sat-09-May

The Z-stop calibrated correctly now (got some digital calipers)
But I still don't know why it stops at corners..
I used the default settings for this print, except for fillament size and bed size etc.

edit:

also noticed it's always the same corners, 1 and 4.

1-----2
|      |
3-----4

Sander110419

Postby owens » 2013-May-Sat-10-May

owens
Support material...

Postby Sander110419 » 2013-May-Sat-10-May

Should've mentioned that, the triangle thing wasn't the one being printed, it was just a cube:
thing:68445 (I cannot put links in messages..)
But I'll set everything to default, and make a quick video of how the 15mm cube goes
thanks so far!

Sander110419

Postby Phayilboy » 2013-May-Thu-14-May

hi Sander,

I had a the very same issue a short while ago which was caused by the the pulley on the x axis motor being lose.
so i would suggest checking that the the pulleys are screwed firmly onto the stepper motors on both the X & Y axis so that there is no movement between the motor head and the pulley

Brendan

Printrbot Jr
- GT2, 20 tooth pulleys
- Custom belt tensioners
- Bowden Extruder
- M6 Brass Z screw
- Custom Heated Bed
Phayilboy

Return to My first blob